Head coach of the Ivory Coast national team, Patrice Beaumelle says his side will conquer the continent in the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.
The Elephants were eliminated from the ongoing Africa Cup of Nations on Wednesday, after losing to Egypt on penalties at the Japoma Stadium.
Ivory Coast lost 5-4 on penalties to the Pharaohs bringing an end to their campaign in Cameroon, but Beaumelle said he is proud of the efforts by his squad while revealing that the Elephants are ready to challenge for next year’s continental showpiece, which they will be hosting.
“I said that I am proud of them [the players]. What we have was very good. After all, when you go to the penalty shootout, it is part of the game but what we have shown in this competition is that Ivory Coast is part of the very important teams in Africa and in the world. After you reach the shootouts, it’s 50-50 so congratulations to the Pharaohs,” he told JoySports after the game.
Asked about the team’s readiness for next year’s AFCON, the French coach added, “We are always ready [to win].”
Ivory Coast will play no part in the 2022 FIFA World Cup after failing to make it to the playoff stage, missing out on a place in the playoff to Cameroon. Their failure to also make it into the next stage of the ongoing AFCON could have an impact on his time as the head coach.
Beaumelle speaking on his future after the game said, “We will see in few days. But with or without me, Ivory Coast have a great future.”
- 2 tigers belonging to businessman Freedom Jacob Caesar scare Ridge residents
- Having sexual intercourse while standing can cause stroke – Health experts warn
- Achimota Forest saga: We have suffered ‘grave historical injustice’ – Owoo family
- Medical Director robbed while conducting surgery
- Why #DampareMustGo is trending on Twitter
- Kwabena Agyepong denies receiving car bribe from Ibrahim Mahama to keep NPP in opposition
- My last birthday gift to my husband was sex
- Hospital dismisses claims of Osinachi’s corpse singing ‘Ekwueme’ at night
- ‘Do not get pregnant because of love’ – Yvonne Nelson
- ‘Until AshGold and Kotoko play, no other match will be played’ – Nana Yaw Amponsah
Zelensky says US contributing to restoring peace to Ukraine￼
Ghana Paralympic team for Commonwealth Games calls for support to prepare ahead of event
School feeding caterers strike bites in Ashanti Region
Founder of Africa’s first electric vehicle nominated for top award
NPP Chairmanship Race: Main contender, Odeneho Kwaku Appiah poised to unseat Wuntumi
Over 30 NPP regional executive aspirants in Ashanti Region take turns before vetting committee
Court adjourns Ghana Mine Workers, Asanko Gold Ghana Limited case of wrongful laying off of over 200 staff
Court grants out of court settlement for Newmont
Restore benchmark value, extend tax amnesty – Dr. Ayim-Darke to government
Asabee tours Ashanti Region ahead of national executive elections
Businesses should reduce cost, not cut cost – Financial expert
BoG should not rush into increasing the policy rate – Badu Aboagye
North Korea: Fighting Covid with tea and saltwater
Forestry Commission to relocate 2 tigers from an Accra residence – Police
Rihanna and A$AP Rocky welcome first child