Actor James Gardiner is celebrating his colleague John Dumelo for his work and “resilience” as he fights for the Ayawaso West Wuogon Parliamentary seat.
In a lengthy letter addressed to the NDC Parliamentary aspirant, Mr Gardiner stated that although John Dumelo has faced various challenges throughout his political career he manages to stay strong.
Mr. Gardiner applauded John Dumelo for touching the lives of many people although these are “not ordinary” times.
“Though you are not an MP yet, you have, in your own little way shown a glimpse of hope in the good things you are setting out to do for the people.”
“A lot of people may say that all the good works you’ve done is a desperate solicitation for votes, but I pray you stay true to your course, yourself and to the people,” he wrote.
James Gardiner shared footage of John Dumelo helping the people of Ayawaso with foodstuffs during the lockdown, helping out during the fire outbreak at Shiashie, and sharing laptops to students.
According to him, despite public assertion, John Dumelo’s quest to become an MP is not an overnight thought.
James Gardiner added that the position Mr. Dumelo finds himself in further proves that the creatives are “layered” people who are not only restricted to the screens or entertainment.
His letter comes after other actors and entertainers were seen campaigning for Lydia Alhassan the Ayawaso West Wuogon MP who is fighting to retain her seat under the ticket of the ruling NPP.
- ASEPA calls for the removal of GJA President, Affail Monney
- Don’t reduce our schools to ideological and religious fighting grounds – Akufo-Addo tells religious leaders
- NSMQ 2021: Mfantsipim destroys Adisadel, University Practice and Assin State College to win Central Regional Championship
- Akufo-Addo and his NPP government are reducing Ghana to a police state – Haruna Iddrisu
- We have not failed humanity by building prison infrastructure – Church of Pentecost
- GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
- Citi FM journalist gained access to National Security premises under false pretence – Chief Director
- Heavy downpour renders Damongo residents homeless
- Francis Xavier-Sosu: Eid-ul-Fitr reflections – Human rights and security implications, the case of Wesley Girls’ and the Methodist Church
- Education Minister engages stakeholders of Christian Mission Schools over Wesley Girls’ brouhaha
OccupyGhana calls for independent body of inquiry to investigate Caleb Kudah’s assault allegations
Nigerian army denies Boko Haram Eid donation reports
Caleb Kudah didn’t breach Code of Ethics – GJA General Secretary
2 jailed 26 years over attempted robbery
Dzata Cement denies claims of selling product GH¢30 per bag
Citi FM journalist gained access to National Security premises under false pretence – Chief Director
Council of States donates to inpatients of Bole Hospital
Top scientists question the need for Covid-19 booster shots
Akufo-Addo visits France, Belgium and South Africa as part of post-Covid-19 engagements
Today’s front pages: Friday, May 14, 2021
NSMQ2021: Perfect ‘salah’ gift as Tamale SHS wins maiden Northern Zonal Championship
Coach Paa Kwasi Fabin names 27-man Black Meteors squad to face Japan
Real Madrid win to keep title dream alive
GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
Liverpool boost top four hopes with win at Man Utd