Kings Technical, Vocational Training Institute at Gomoa Mprumem, near Apam is building a girls’ hostel with a Japanese Government grant of 80,000 dollars, management has said.
The institute, which is under the management of Integrated Community Centre for Employable Skills, offers general courses in textile, catering, joinery and electronics.
Mr James Yaw Frempong, founder of the Institute, took members of the school’s Parent-Teacher Association round the 12-room building site at Mprumem.
The visit to the project site was on the sidelines of a farewell reception for a Japanese volunteer, through whose efforts the grant was obtained.
The volunteer, Mr Takayika Komichi, served two years at the Institute as a teacher in Information Communication Technology.
Mr Frempong described Mr Komichi as a “reliable friend of the Institute, who behaved not as a foreigner but a Ghanaian and a native of Gomoa Mprumem.”
“He mixed freely not only with students and teachers, but also with residents and ate whatever food that was provided,” he added.
In his brief remarks, Mr. Komichi urged the students to study hard in order to achieve their goals.
- Akuapem Poloo granted ¢80k bail
- ECG releases ‘dumsor’ timetable; outages to begin May 10
- Murder suspect claims he mistook aeronautical engineer for a pig at Akyem Asuboa
- Akufo-Addo announces nominees for deputy ministerial positions, elevates Charles Adu-Boahen
- Kunbour mustn’t behave like a serial caller – Ade Coker
- Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
- Contracts awarded to Zoomlion, Frontiers Healthcare Solution, others were in breach of procurement practices – Report
- Certify your Covid-19 Corruption Risk Assessment or we will use it as toilet paper – Ursula Owusu-Ekuful to CDA
- Kotoko to pay Maxwell Konadu $41,000 for breach of contract
- Ed Woodward resigns from Manchester United role
International Labour Organisation organizes workshop on how to raise funds for SMEs
George Floyd murder: Joe Biden says Derek Chauvin guilty verdict can be ‘moment of significant change’
Suspect who slit throat of girlfriend in Ho remanded in police custody
Eric Bonsu Agyabeng: Carnage on our roads – Tripod Beta perspective
Jerry Avornyotse: Traces of dictatorship creeping back to our democracy
George Floyd murder: Minneapolis police to face US federal probe
Police arrest 40 suspected criminals at Kasoa in Wednesday morning swoop
Build more gyms away from Accra – Bukom Banku to government
There is no scheme against Techiman City FC – Samuel Anim Addo
I will bridge communication gap between Finance Ministry and the public – John Kumah
Mark Okraku Mantey appointed Deputy Minister-designate for Tourism, Arts and Culture
Idriss Deby’s son named ‘president of the republic’
Teenager who filmed George Floyd’s death, posts emotional message following verdict
NCA to shut down 49 TV stations for operating without license
Chrissy Teigen says Kim Kardashian ‘gave her all’ to her marriage with Kanye West