The Japanese Football Association (JFA) have stated that the friendly game with the Black Meteors is on track to be played as initially scheduled.
In the early hours of Thursday, the JFA confirmed that one member of the Black Meteors had tested positive for COVID-19 on entry to Japan after testing negative prior to his departure from Ghana.
The remaining 18 players tested negative at the airport and moved into their hotel.
Ghana’s U23 team is reported to have followed all procedures properly as there were no cases of close contact.
The other players tested negative again on Thursday afternoon and Saturday’s friendly is on track to be played as scheduled.
The Black Meteors team went ahead to hold their first training session at Fukuoka Best Denki Stadium in Tokyo ahead of the International friendly against the Olympic team of Japan.
The first game will take place on Saturday, June 5 at 19:25GMT at Fukuoka Best stadium in Tokyo.
Goalkeepers: Richmond Ayi (Hearts of Oak), William Esso (Vision FC)
Defenders: Samuel Ashie Quaye (Great Olympics), Frank Assinki (HB Koge), Frank Amoabeng (Cerignola), Ibrahim Moro (Asante Kotoko), Uzair Alhassan (Tamale Utrecht), Abdulai Sabit (Getafe CF)
Midfield: Emmanuel Essiam (Berekum Chelsea), Frimpong Boateng (King Faisal), Patrick Mensah (Heart of Lions), Kwame Adubofuor Poku (Colchester United), Osman Bukari (Genk)
Forwards: Jonah Attuquaye (Legon Cities), Percious Boah (Dreams FC), Samuel Obeng Gyabaa (Real Oviedo), Joselpho Barnes (Shalkeh 04), Diawusie Taylor (Karela United FC), Samuel Boakye (Eleven Wonders)
- CCTV footage shows final moment of student-journalist who was killed in a hotel
- Armed robbers kill police officer, eyewitness and injure bullion van driver at James Town
- We’ll stop escorting your cash if you don’t acquire armoured bullion vans – IGP warns banks
- Nkrumah was playful, not a dictator – Former lady-in-waiting to Fathia Nkrumah
- Government to borrow ¢2.9bn in fresh funds between June and August 2021
- Bullion van attack at James Town: IGP directs CID to take over investigation
- GPL: Asante Kotoko beat Inter Allies in five-goal thriller
- Behind the scenes: Stephen Appiah and Laryea Kingston when #EurosOnMGL cameras are off
- Former dance champion, Alex Ofori, dead
- Bankers Association to hold emergency meeting over carting of currencies across country
Gunmen shoot wife of driver of GNPC boss in Kumasi
Euros On MGL: Hungary v Portugal betting preview
Ghana, Kenya to facilitate inter-regional trade
Execute prisoners who have been sentenced to death – Deputy A-G designate
Ecobank Ghana pledges support for women in agriculture
13-year-boy kills 2 bandits who kidnapped him
John Boadu petitions CID over alleged involvement in ‘galamsey’
14-year-old storms police station to report father for rape
Strikes work, it is a very strong tool – Ofosu Asamoah
Lawyer for Achimota Rasta students resigns from NDC
Families of 2020 election violence victims in Techiman to get 4-bedroom houses
Leaders, create the right environment for your workers – Newmont Regional Vice President
Livestream: Appointments Committee vets Herbert Krapa, Mark Okraku Mantey and 2 others
Green Ghana Project: Stonebwoy, Dentaa join Royal Senchi to plant trees
Lawyer disputes voices on audio in treason trial