Zebilla MP Cletus Avoka has eulogised his predecessor in Parliament, John Ndebugre.
The former Zebilla MP passed on Friday afternoon at age 72 after a short illness.
According to reports, the former lawmaker from Tinmonde in the Bawku West District died at home in Zebilla.
The vociferous politician was reportedly battling an illness until his death, although it is unclear what the sickness was.
Following his death, Mr Avoka, a longtime friend of the deceased, described Ndebugre as an intelligent lawyer who was committed to his profession.
According to him, “All those who know him can testify to his ability. He is very forthright.”
“He has a lot of passion for what he does and believes. He is a brilliant lawyer. Unfortunately, I think the whole country has lost an illustrious politician,” he added.
Mr Avoka and the late Ndebugre have been friends since they were both students at Navrongo Senior High School in the 1960s
He said they had a terrific relationship until they became interested in politics.
While in politics, Mr Ndebugre served in various capacities in the Jerry Rawlings era until he fell out with the late president.
Mr Ndebugre, who once served as a secretary for the People’s National Convention (PNC), is survived by a widow and four children.
- ‘Do I look like a fraudster?’ – Shatta Wale reacts to calls for FBI probe over his affiliation with Hajia4Reall
- Barker-Vormawor refuses to state his plea as he is slapped with fresh Treason charges
- I paid GH₵30,000 to fix my body – TikToker Aba Dope
- Gyakye Quayson to contest Assin North seat again in June 27 by-election
- Gyakye Quayson can vie for Assin North seat; it’s a calculated risk – Amaliba
- 7 reported dead, several others injured in renewed Gonja – Mamprusi clash
- ‘It’s disappointing’ – Bofoakwa Tano coach on not being able to lead the team in Ghana Premier League
- Assin North by-election: NPP closes nomination as two persons pick forms
- Gonja-Mamprusi clash: Security personnel deployed to restore calm
- Two villages in North Gonja burnt down in renewed violence between Mamprusi and Gonja
- 5 African countries pledged to uphold free internet in 2021 UN resolution but ‘broke their word’
- Defence Minister cuts sod for construction of 9 military projects
- Dismissed Sunon Asogli workers: Togbe Afede must call company to order before June 26 – Organised Labour
- AfDB appoints Richard Kwaku Ofori-Mante Acting Director of Agricultural Finance and Rural Development
- Education Minister cuts sod for TVET facility at Manso Nkwanta
- Chief, Pastor held over murder of student nurse in Mankessim face fresh charges
- Ghana Health Service launches mass drug administration
- Zambia’s state house clarifies row over handbags
- Latif Abubakar, Spanish Embassy thrills audience, makes history
- Boy who struggled to eat or speak due to tumour receives transformational surgery in Senegal
- Be the change you wish to see – Director-General of Webster University charges graduates
- Unilever’s Nana Yaa Owusu-Ansah wins Ultimate Woman of the Year at FMCG Awards
- Allegiance could mean a lot of things aside from citizenship – Prof Asare
- ‘We look forward to achieving our goals’ – Tariq Lamptey on playing for Black Stars
- World Hunger Day: Government urged to encourage science, technology and innovation in agriculture