The Ghana Tourism Authority has recognized and awarded Joy FM’s entertainment talk show, Showbiz A – Z, for its impact in Ghana’s tourism.
During the National Tourism Awards 2021, held at The Avenue event center in Accra on Thursday November 3, Joy FM’s entertainment talk show, Showbiz A-Z, was awarded Tourism Oriented Media (Radio) of the Year. The award was picked up by Programs Manager of the station, Edem Knight-Tay, and Lead Producer of Showbiz A-Z, Philip Nai.
The Awards scheme admitted to Joy FM’s consistent efforts in educating, marketing and informing the public on tourism related activities over the years. A part of the citation presented to the team read, “in recognition of your outstanding support and contribution towards the education and dissemination of information on tourism and tourism related activities, the Ghana Tourism Authority confers on Joy FM’s Showbiz A-Z, the Tourism Oriented Media 2021 – Radio Category”.
Also, Joy Prime TV, a sister station, was adjudged Tourism Oriented Media – TV Category, with its program Joy Prime Explore, hosted by seasoned broadcaster Kojo Yankson.
In recent years, Joy FM, through its radio program, Showbiz A-Z, hosted by George Quaye has worked hard and diligently to educate the masses, and to an extent created the platform for some of the industry’s fine minds to share suggestions that are critical to the growth of the nation.
The most recent of its initiatives was the Showbiz Roundtable held at the Labadi Beach hotel on October 29, which sought to dissect pertinent aspects of music and tourism.
Prior to the thought-leadership program, dubbed Music Business and Tourism, Showbiz A-Z had visited other regions and held conversations with well-equipped resource persons.
Early this year, the team embarked on a journey of exploring and discovery within Asanteman’s rich tourism borders, crowning it with a detailed conversation on March 5, 2022 to essentially mark Ghana Month on Joy. The show was broadcast live from the Center for National Culture in Kumasi.
In the preceding year, a special edition of Showbiz A-Z was held live from the Cape Coast Castle during which panelists discussed Ghana’s tourism industry and whether or not the country was truly harnessing its full potentials. The spotlight was also thrown on the city of Cape Coast which is described as the hub of tourism, its educational history and cultural relevance.
Every Saturday, Ghana’s most authoritative entertainment talk show, Showbiz A-Z, comes your way on Joy 99.7 FM, and streams live on Facebook. The show assembles panelists and guests, comprising of artistes, artistes managers, entertainment critics, tourism entrepreneurs, broadcasters, and many others in the value chain, to discuss and grow the conversation of Ghana’s creative arts industry.
- Fuel prices to increase by 7%-13% from February 1, 2023 – IES
- The Fourth Estate uncovers fraud in SHS computerised placement
- My wife has left me because of my child with another woman – Osofo Kyiri Abosom
- Full video: SHS computerised placement for sale
- New chief falls from palanquin during coronation in Central Region
- Debt Exchange Programme: Article 71 Office Holders must take a 50% haircut – Labour Federation
- 8 persons arrested in ‘School placement for sale’ exposé
- Haruna led Minority leadership had challenges working with Bagbin – Asiedu Nketia
- Education Ministry cautions against payment of money for school placement
- Assault on Latif Iddrisu: No policeman touched him – Attorney General
- DWP USA was created to bring all cultures together
- School placement for BECE graduates to be released in February – Ministry of Education
- Gold for Oil deal lacks transparency; it must go before Parliament – Mahama
- School placement system must be overhauled – Dr Peter Anti
- Deborah Acquah qualifies for 2023 World Athletics Championships
- Pay Toure over GHC 100k within 45 days or face transfer ban – FIFA orders Medeama
- Gold for Oil deal: First consignment not enough for market – Research Analyst
- Police nab 4 over alleged robbery at Wassa Agona
- Stop National Cathedral project, cut-down government expenditure and leave our money alone -Nurses to government
- 3 grabbed for pulling down storey building at Cantonments
- NTDs in Ghana; Let’s act now, let’s act together, let’s invest in the fight!
- School placement for sale exposé: Culprits will be dealt with – Education Minister
- Dancers are footsoldiers of Afrobeats, their impact is huge – DWP Dance Academy US manager
- WAEC explains BECE grading system
- Ahuofe Patri loses mother