On the original, a cut from Amaarae’s first full-length project, The Angel You Don’t Know, she and Moliy — another artist with Ghanaian roots — coo about dollars and pleasure to a beat that pulses as steadily as their pursuit of both.
The song is sexy in its slinky percussion, often dropping out to give way to brief glimmers of keys and the performers’ delicate vocals. Subdued and shrouded in whispers that are at once easy and intense, “Sad Girlz Luv Money” insists upon the power of softness.
Moliy trills, “Get the fuck outta my way, I’m gonna get paid,” like a gentle push to the side.
While Moliy spearheads the original, the remix presents a stronger and satisfying integration of its three singers from the beginning, with quick verses from Kali and Amaarae before rolling into the heart of the song from Moliy.
The synergy between Moily and Amaarae is strong: Shortly after Moliy reference’s Michael Jackon’s famous moonwalk, Amaarae interpolates a refrain from the late icon’s “Black or White.”
On Kali’s longer turn, she ups the song’s sex appeal in English and Spanish (“I walk like I know my pussy dangerous,” she says), and Amaarae follows suit.
But for all their lust and allure, their independence remains the heartbeat of “Sad Girlz Luv Money.”
- We were never consulted on NDC Parliamentary leadership reshuffle – Muntaka Mubarak
- Minority Leadership reshuffle an affront to dignity of NDC Caucus – Dr. Dominic Ayine
- Financial crisis has affected my GH¢106k investment – Agyinasare
- Tullow Oil challenges GRA over $300m tax imposition
- ‘I’ve had frank conversations with Haruna Iddrisu’ – Ato Forson reveals
- NDC national executives to meet Minority Caucus over reshuffle
- Stonebwoy thanks Asamoah Gyan for paying for his surgery 7 years ago
- Debt Exchange Programme: Government reaches agreement with Ghana Insurers Association
- Consultations are not mandatory – Dr. Spio-Garbrah on change in Minority leadership
- Haruna Iddrisu, Muntaka Mubarak still leaders of Minority Caucus – Cletus Avoka
- Debt Exchange Programme: Jubilee House, EMT against inclusion of individual bondholders – Bright Simons
- National Labour Commission directs CETAG to call off strike
- Pope Francis appoints Rev Fr Samuel Nkuah-Boateng as Bishop of Wiawso Diocese
- Court threatens to strike out case against Agradaa
- Asiedu Nketia leads party delegation to attend Mahama-led lecture in UK
- George Ferguson Laing: Why the looming water crisis may be a glimmer of hope for climate awareness
- Change in Minority Leadership: Rescind decision – Dr Amoako Baah tells NDC national executive
- The Story of Prophet Elisha: Case Study of Apprenticeship for Ghana – Part Two
- Elon Musk denies Twitter use hurts Tesla as sales soar
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his
- Africa Business Dialogues: Bawumia proposes focus on 3 broad areas for AfCFTA success
- Playback: PM Express Business edition discuss Debt Exchange Programme with Alhassan Andani
- Change in Minority Leadership: We cannot refuse to recognise the lawful decision – Kofi Adams
- B.A. Mensah: Ghana moves from Petrodollar to Petrogold
- MEASURES project puts Accra under spotlight for sustainable energy strategy development