The Keta Investment Promotion Center (KIPC) is appealing to President Akufo-Addo to construct the Keta Port quickly due to its geographical location and strategic importance to Ghana.
According to KIPC, the project promises to be a major economic booster for the entire Volta region and the entire country by creating jobs for the teeming unemployed youths, generating revenue for the state and easing the pressure on the Tema Port.
In a statement signed by its Chief Executive, Enyonam Adzo Apetorgbor, it said the people of Keta will forever remember the President for starting this important project.
“As you reach the dying embers of your second term, I am appealing to you to leave the Keta enclave an important legacy by constructing this Keta Port whose strategic importance to Ghana is in no doubt because if its geographical location”.
The feasibility study for the Keta project was completed over three years ago, but it has not seen any action at the site beyond the erection of a container office which the KIPC says, has become a tourist site and remains unused for over four years.
She urged President Akufo-Addo to give the people of Keta an assurance that the Keta Port project is among his priority-project list.
She congratulated the President for the successful completion and inauguration of the 70-million-euro Elmina Fishing Harbour, and concluding, “This no doubt is an important addition to the infrastructure of this nation”.
- Vodafone Director calls on SMEs to seize opportunities at upcoming Business Runway event
- FIFA and United Nations Industrial Development Organization meet to discuss collaboration opportunities
- Fuse ODG gets romantic in new single; releases ‘3eak a.m (Waistline)’
- Kotoko is building, so fans should be patient and support – Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu
- ‘Cannabis muffins’ given to 90 schoolchildren in South Africa
- Limited Voter Registration: EC assures all eligible voters will be registered
- Ghana’s economy not yet on a recovery path – Prof. Mensah insists
- Over 5,000 people benefit from free health screening by Lifetime Wells Vision
- We needed someone to get us goals, and Mohammed Kudus did – West Ham boss David Moyes
- Stop lecturing us, Guinea junta leader tells West
- PAC’s order to MMDAs to stop engaging our services is unfortunate and surprising – Zoomlion
- Over 350 farmers receive 53,000 tree crop seedlings in Sekyere Kumawu District
- ‘Things have deteriorated’ – E.L spotted at #OccupyJulorBiHouse protest Day 2
- Akufo-Addo was not sincere with Ghanaians in his self-assessment of fighting corruption – Domelevo
- Tunisia arrests cartoonist for drawings mocking PM