Afropop artiste KiDi’s hit single ‘Touch It’ has made it onto the Official Afrobeats Chart.
The song made its debut on the chart at number 12. It beat Chike and Simi’s ‘Running To You’ to claim the spot.
‘Touch It’ was released in May as the second single from his album The Golden Boy.
The song went viral following the Touch It challenge which saw Tiktokers dance to different sections of the song.
Come onnnn 🔥🔥🔥 ##KiditouchitChallenge 😈🔥♬ original sound – KiDimusic
Don’t be scared baby, TOUCH IT !♬ original sound – KiDimusic
Taking to social media to announce the news, KiDi thanked all his fans for the love they have shown his song and the new album.
He urged people to continue to stream The Golden Boy.
TOUCH IT just debuted at # 12 on the Official UK afrobeats charts. Mad scenes 🔥🔥 .— KiDi (@KiDiMusic) July 5, 2021
Thanks for all the love Chale 💙💙💙
Keep streaming the Golden Boy Album 🌟 pic.twitter.com/rw7WT6dAGr
The Official Afrobeats Chart compiles the biggest Afrobeats songs of the week based on sales and streams across a seven day period.
The chart has the top 20 songs of week and is compiled by the Official Charts Company.
- Disregard statement declaring Friday, Sept 30 as a holiday – Oyibi Divisional Council
- GFA suspends 2022/23 Ghana Premier League over court injunction
- Danadams Pharmaceuticals and CEO in court over alleged fraud and forgery
- UTAG, 3 other university labour unions threaten to go on strike on October 5
- GFA suspends AshantiGold SC for dealing with banned club president and son
- T Bills, short-term securities will not be affected by Ghana’s debt restructuring – US-based Associate Professor
- Land acquisition: Here is what you missed on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show
- GTA boss names agency in copyright feud with Kirani Ayat, reveals how footage was obtained
- Ghana will transition from fossil fuel to renewable energy by 2070 – Bawumia
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- Luv FM Habitat Fair: Homeowners and businesses urged to invest in security
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- Agenda 111: 8 hospitals in Northern Region to be completed by December 2023 – Regional Minister
- Tafo Pankrono BECE candidates get free tuition ahead of final examination
- 2 sustain gunshot wounds at mining site in Samreboi
- Judges call on Finance Ministry to fast-track payment of their outstanding allowances
- Banks still safest place to keep funds and invest despite economic challenges – Alhassan Andani
- My husband left me for a ‘sugar mummy’ after 9 months of marriage – Woman shares experience
- World Heart Day: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure
- Global Citizen Festival campaign culminates in $2.4b to end extreme poverty
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- World Heart Day: A look at Vodafone Ghana’s contributions to cardiac wellness
- Ghana elected Chair of the Commonwealth ITU Group
- 19 die after drinking toxic alcohol