Rapper and singer Kirani Ayat has responded to the Ghana Tourism Authority (GTA) after the outfit claimed they sought permission before using elements of ‘Guda,’ in the “Visit Ghana” campaign through a “bespoke creative agency.”
The publication was made by the outfit on September 28 on Instagram.
Reacting to the statement, Kirani Ayat responded to the Authority with a press release.
“I would like to categorically state that NO agency has any RIGHTS whatsoever to my intellectual property,” he said.
The rapper reiterated that he had not given any right to the outfit to use his video for any promotional materials.
“I [Kirani Ayat] have NOT given rights to any agency to use my likeness or work on my behalf.”
The statement went further to highlight the fact that the name of the agency was not revealed by the Ghana Tourism Authority.
It concluded by admonishing the outfit to reveal the name of the agency, along with the signed documents binding the agreement with the Ghana Tourism Authority.
This comes after Kirani Ayat called out the government for using portions of his video, GUDA, for the “Visit Ghana” campaign ad without permission from the rapper nor the music video director, David Nicol-Sey.
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- You are on your own – John Kumah tells bondholders who reject debt exchange programme
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- Moody’s downgrades GCB Bank due to debt restructuring
- Minority not against National Cathedral – Haruna Iddrisu
- Black Sherif is the voice of African youth – Akon
- Busy Signal to perform at Stonebwoy’s Bhim Concert in Ghana
- Government plan to cut interest costs gets pushback from local funds
- Vodafone scoops 5 honours at National Communications Awards
- Oxford University partners Ghana Gold Expo to promote CSR
- Stars in Worship 2022: A night of pure worship and gifts
- Ghana in talks with Dubai oil refiner to barter gold for fuel
- Ghana to host 1st Ultimate Entrepreneur Competition
- Belgium’s Eden Hazard announces international retirement
- World Lottery boss, other global lottery leaders in Ghana for ‘NLA@60’
- Reduction of benchmark discount may have contributed to rising inflation – Deloitte
- Dilapidated Adjiringanor ADMA Basic School becoming a death trap
- Over 100 injured in Spanish train collision
- George Addo Jnr: Otto Addo leaves behind a Black Stars squad pregnant with titles
- Ghana need IMF badly, return to Fund will improve government’s fiscal position – Deloitte
- China rolls back strict Covid rules after protests