To spend half a century on earth alive, healthy and strong is a big achievement, and actress Mercy Asiedu did not let the occasion of her 50th birthday pass without celebrating this milestone.
The celebrated Kumawood actress invited her friends from the industry, among others, over to celebrate her new age.
Taking to Instagram, she stated that she is grateful the people who mean so much to her were around to usher in this new beginning with her.
“The best part of my birthday was having you guys shower me with love. There is no better feeling than being surrounded by people who truly want to see you happy. The time I spent with you on my day was the best part of the whole party,” she wrote.
Nana Ama McBrown, Agya Koo, Emelia Brobbey, Ellen Kyei White, Bill Asamoah among others were present at the birthday celebration.
In the photos she shared Mercy Aseidu was seen in a beautiful Kente outfit matching that of her husband at the event.
“Our ages may have gone up, but so did the measure of love in our hearts. Your birthday texts, calls, and wishes have filled our lives with countless riches. To my Family, Celleagues in the movie industry, Followers on Social Media and Friends; without your sweet love and support, my birthday would not have been the same,” she wrote.
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Watch Daddy Lumba break down his hit song ‘Yene Wo Sere Kwa’
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- I am still receiving threats from people on social media – KiDi
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- Kwesi Yankah: Dear Ace Ankomah, the Birim River is gone
- Cop fires gun and assaults civilians at Kaneshie Bishop
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- I’m a record-breaker, but they hate to project it – Zahara says of critics
- I am grateful to Asantehene and other chiefs for protecting Dr. Bawumia – Nayiri
- 95% of human trafficking survivors in shelter homes are Nigerians – Gender Ministry
- From the streets to Mandela’s feet – Zahara tells her story
- Small Scale Miners unhappy with Lands Ministry handling of Wontumi’s mining firm
- Livestream: PM Express discusses ‘Galamsey’
- The Countess of Wessex visits DRC to show urgent need to tackle sexual violence in conflict
- 843 KNUST Mastercard Foundation scholars benefit from short courses
- Your directive to SIGA D-G unnecessary – Clement Apaak tells Akufo-Addo
- Weija-Gbawe Assembly provides safe havens for displaced flood victims
- South Dayi MP donates items to support schools in district
- Pay compensation to affected customers – PURC orders ECG
- Exclusive photos: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- Milovan Rajevac calls for Black Stars unity as World Cup looms