Audio By Carbonatix
A lawyer representing Jonathan Majors has shared what she says are screenshots of a text message exchange between her client and the woman originally alleged to have been the victim in the actor’s recent assault arrest.
Priya Chaudhry, the actor’s lawyer, shared the alleged texts with TMZ, which published a report on their contents on Thursday. In the alleged texts, the woman is seen texting Majors shortly after the arrest, “They assured me that you won’t be charged.”
In the same alleged text, the woman tells Majors he was arrested due to protocol “when they saw the injuries on me and they knew we had a fight.”
Later, in another alleged text, the woman said officials do not have her “blessing on any charges being placed.” Elsewhere, she mentioned reiterating her comments to a judge and specifically mentioned reports of strangulation having been involved in the alleged incident.
“I read the paper they gave e about strangulation and I said point blank this did not occur and should be removed immediately,” the alleged text states. “The judge is definitely going to be told this.”

Majors was arrested in New York this month and later arraigned on assault and harassment charges. In a statement at the time, per a report from the Associated Press, a New York City Police Department said that the alleged victim had told officers “she was assaulted.” The same spokesperson also said that the alleged victim had “sustained minor injuries to her head and neck” and had been taken to a hospital.
Complex has also reached out to the NYPD, as well as to the DA’s office, about the latest developments in the case.
A rep for the actor, whose recent roles include starring turns in the Sundance-premiered Magazine Dreams and the latest Ant-Man film, was quick to issue a statement denying this weekend’s allegations. Majors, a rep said at the time, “has done nothing wrong.”
Shortly after that initial statement on Sunday, Chaudhry was quoted in multiple reports as saying that her client was “[probably] the victim of an altercation with a woman he knows.” In that statement, the lawyer also pointed to an alleged “emotional crisis.”
Latest Stories
-
One dead, 4 injured in articulated truck collision at Assin Nsuta
3 minutes -
To Nationalise or Transform? Joy Business Hosts Roundtable on Ghana’s Extractive Future
7 minutes -
NACOC partners UPSA-RCC to train enumerators for baseline study on substance use among youth
13 minutes -
Kay Codjoe Writes: The dangerous romance between inciteful extremism and “free speech”
22 minutes -
From Ghana to Canada: The rising influence of Ghanaian scholars opening global doors for students
28 minutes -
Gender Ministry backs Black Maidens ahead of crucial World Cup qualifiers
31 minutes -
Many are called, but hostel fees have chosen few
38 minutes -
8 suspects arrested in killing of queen mother at Atebubu
45 minutes -
Raúl Castro indictment threatens to ignite war between US and Cuba
1 hour -
2026 Africa Bitcoin Day marked in Accra
1 hour -
US sanctions Tanzanian police official over alleged torture of human rights activists
1 hour -
Borrowing in April hit highest level since Covid
1 hour -
NCCE urges students, young people to lead fight against corruption
1 hour -
AI used to fake evidence that ended Korean actor’s career, say police
1 hour -
Swiss Armed Forces delegation engages GAF over peacekeeping cooperation at Burma Camp
1 hour