The immediate past president of Ghana Institution of Engineering (GhIE), Leslie Alex Ayeh, has been sworn into office as the 4th President of the West African Federation of Engineering Organizations (WAFEO).
The investiture ceremony was held in Abuja, Nigeria on 18th May, 2021 at the Auditorium of the National Engineering Centre, Nigerian Society of Engineering secretariat.
In his inaugural address, Ing. Ayeh said that the challenge of the pandemic has trimmed our normal activities and gatherings but has enabled us to think “outside the box” and thus enabled us to still function.
The absence of in-person activities has taken the excitement of meeting each other, but it is my prayer and hope that normalcy should be restored soon.
Ing. Ayeh appreciated the hard work of his predecessors, saying, “WAFEO has indeed come a long way through the hard work and effort of Past Presidents like K.A. Kwakwa (2012 – 2014), Magnus Lincoln Quarshie (2014 – 2017) and Otis Anyaeji (2017 – 2021).
WAFEO has been kept alive by Members of Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE), Ghana Institution of Engineering (GhIE) and Sierra Leoneans Institution of Engineering (SLIE).
“This is a great day in my life, and I feel like “puss-in-boots” as I step into the shoes of His Royal Highness. However, boys grow into men, so with your prayers and support, I would do my utmost best”, Ayeh concluded.
Present at the ceremony and those joined by Zoom included Muhammed Musa Bello-Minister of Federal Capital Territory; Prof. Gong Ke, President of World Federation of Engineering Organization (WFEO); Mustafa Balarabe Shehu, Executive Vice President of WFEO; Carlien Bou-Chedid.
Others are the President of Federation of Engineering Organization (FAEO); Otis Anyaeji, Outgoing President of WAFEO; Babagana Mohamed, President of Nigerian Society of Engineers; Kwabena Agyei Agyepong, General Secretary of WAFEO and other high profile Engineers and dignatories around the world.
- Construction work by manufacturing company causing artificial earthquakes in Bortianor – Residents
- Shatta Wale showers dollars on Nana Ama Mcbrown
- Auditor General indicts former Nhyieso MP over failure to recover ¢500k of Assembly’s Common Fund
- Defence and Finance Ministers to answer questions in Parliament over Presidency’s hiring of private jet for foreign travels
- ‘I miss living life with you’ – T. B. Joshua’s wife marks his 58th birthday
- One of 2 robbers who attacked and robbed motorist on Fiesta Royale-GIMPA stretch arrested
- TUTAG to proceed with strike action despite NLC order
- There’s no law that compels a woman to adopt her husband’s name after marriage – Legal expert
- GPL wrap: Hearts extend lead at top, King Faisal climb out of relegation zone
- #FixTheCountry: Leave social media, come and plant trees – Oti Regional Minister to campaigners
Live updates: Appointments Committee resumes vetting of Deputy Ministers-designate
Euros On MGL: Spain v Sweden betting preview
Effutu paramount chief cautions trespassers against reserved lands
Euros On MGL: Poland v Slovakia betting preview
Euros On MGL: Scotland v Czech Republic betting preview
Ghana set to produce its own vaccine – Presidential Advisor on Health
Livestream: Day 9 – Appointments Committee vets Thomas Mbamba, Abdulai Abanga and 2 others
We are working with Political authorities to get Hudson-Odoi- GFA president
Nii Marmah Boye: Security at GIMPA; What the school must do
Auditor General indicts KMA for using Assembly’s Common Fund to pay judgment debt
Use digital platforms to reduce paper usage – Ursula
FixTheCountry case adjourned over late filing of documents
Playback: Foreign Minister to address the nation on Ghana’s election to UN’s Security Council, 59th ECOWAS meeting
Asantehene commends board and management of ADB for refocusing on its core mandate
GRA optimistic of addressing automation tax payment challenges by July