This is not a drill: Chocolate is about to get healthier and even more tasty *blinks* *rubs eyes*.
The boys in the lab have put their juicy brains to best possible use and come up with a production technique that not only enhances the flavour of chocolate, but makes it better for us.
Currently, during the process of turning cocoa into chocolate, many of antioxidants are lost.
But by storing the cocoa pods for longer antioxidants are more plentiful.
The research was unveiled by Dr Emmanuel Ohene Afoakwa of the University of Ghana during a presentation at the American Chemical Society.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- FDA warns public against purchase of 'penis enlargement capsule,' others
- Are you getting too much sleep?
- How to spot a lie in a text message
- No more sleeping sickness; experts embrace Fexinidazole pill
- A common struggle: Living with the fear of fears
- How your diet causes body odour
- Are you micro-cheating on your significant other?
- USAID launches new neglected disease control program in West Africa
- This is why you should never share your passwords with your partner
- How many times a week should you run?
- Low-carb diets may work by boosting calorie burn
- Goodbye 'gluten-free'? Celiac disease vaccine may make it possible
- How to stop comparing your relationship to others
- Health Director orders killing of Keta stray dogs
- Take charge of your health with these easy tips