Audio By Carbonatix
The Director of Elections for the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP), Evans Nimako says the party is satisfied with the engagement with the Electoral Commission (EC) over the limited voter registration exercise.
Speaking to JoyNews after an IPAC meeting on Tuesday, April 9, he stated that the limited voter registration exercise which will take place from May 7 to 27 will allow Ghanaians who are not currently registered to vote the opportunity to do so.
According to Mr Nimako, the EC had planned to conduct the registration exercise at its district offices.
However, the Commission has acknowledged that some electoral areas are difficult to reach and has therefore agreed to explore alternative locations.
Read also: Limited Voter Registration: EC assures all eligible voters will be registered
“Today the EC informed us that beyond the district offices, there are also some difficult-to-reach electoral areas which numbered to 775 and have also added 25 tertiary institutions to it.
“But upon further discussions, we suggested to the EC that it makes sense to look at other institutions like training colleges as well as the Senior High Schools. This is to allow our brothers and sisters who have difficulties reaching out to the registration centres at the district offices to have the opportunity to have their names registered,” he said.
Mr Nimako raised concerns about the missing Biometric Verification Devices (BVDs), stating that the Electoral Commission had announced that some of their offices had been attacked resulting in the loss or damage of some of the devices.
“Here at the headquarters, five of their laptops which are part of the BVR components were stolen. They have made reports to the police. I think that parties are always ready to continue engaging with the EC and bring ideas on board that will enhance and deepen our democracy,” he added.
Latest Stories
-
7-month-old baby found dead in a drain at Obuasi Old Estate
25 minutes -
Tunisia coast guard recovers eight bodies of migrants whose boat sank
26 minutes -
One man diagnosed with prostate cancer in the UK ‘every eight minutes’
29 minutes -
After losing 2012 election, we couldn’t even afford prepaid credit – Obuobia Darko
33 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: Kpando SHS brush aside Abor, Jukwa to storm One-Eighth stage with 32 point gap
2 hours -
Duncan Amoah: Gov’t should create conditions for 24-hour economy, not build markets
2 hours -
JoyNews-Republic Bank Habitat Fair finale turns homeownership dreams into real possibilities
3 hours -
Bamiri chief commissions KG block, guest house to boost education and revenue
3 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Yaa Asantewaa Girls’ going ‘beck’ to Tanoso after Bishop Herman deals them early exit
3 hours -
Data Protection Commission acquires two vehicles to strengthen data protection enforcement
3 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Holy Child School storms back from two-year NSMQ absence to book One-Eighth ticket
5 hours -
GNFS dismisses reports of unpaid 2025 rent allowance
6 hours -
Gordon Asare-Bediako steps down from NPP Communications Director race, backs Dennis Aboagye
6 hours -
GES dismisses requirement for newly promoted teachers to submit documents for salary adjustments
6 hours -
Meko Bono 2026: Vice President pledges agricultural revival as Atebubu hosts grand homecoming
7 hours