The two main contenders of the Ayawaso West Wuoguon seat, Lydia Alhassan and John Dumelo have been spotted dancing together in a video.
Lydia, the incumbent New Patriotic Party MP for the constituency and John Dumelo, the National Democratic Congress’ candidate, put aside their differences briefly as they partnered on the dance floor grooving to Kojo Antwi’s ‘Akɔnɔba’.
At the charity event held at Okponglo, a suburb in the constituency, both candidates took vows and pledged to promote peace during the upcoming December 7 elections.
The incumbent MP succeeded her husband, Emmanuel Boakye Agyarko, in 2018, after he lost his life. She was re-elected during the NPP primaries and is contesting to represent her constituents in Parliament for a second term.
Mr Dumelo on the other hand is contesting for the first time on the ticket of the NDC. Both are hopeful of a positive turn out after the December polls.
- We were never consulted on NDC Parliamentary leadership reshuffle – Muntaka Mubarak
- Minority Leadership reshuffle an affront to dignity of NDC Caucus – Dr. Dominic Ayine
- Financial crisis has affected my GH¢106k investment – Agyinasare
- Tullow Oil challenges GRA over $300m tax imposition
- ‘I’ve had frank conversations with Haruna Iddrisu’ – Ato Forson reveals
- NDC national executives to meet Minority Caucus over reshuffle
- Stonebwoy thanks Asamoah Gyan for paying for his surgery 7 years ago
- Debt Exchange Programme: Government reaches agreement with Ghana Insurers Association
- Consultations are not mandatory – Dr. Spio-Garbrah on change in Minority leadership
- Haruna Iddrisu, Muntaka Mubarak still leaders of Minority Caucus – Cletus Avoka
- Debt Exchange Programme: Jubilee House, EMT against inclusion of individual bondholders – Bright Simons
- National Labour Commission directs CETAG to call off strike
- Pope Francis appoints Rev Fr Samuel Nkuah-Boateng as Bishop of Wiawso Diocese
- Court threatens to strike out case against Agradaa
- Asiedu Nketia leads party delegation to attend Mahama-led lecture in UK
- George Ferguson Laing: Why the looming water crisis may be a glimmer of hope for climate awareness
- Change in Minority Leadership: Rescind decision – Dr Amoako Baah tells NDC national executive
- The Story of Prophet Elisha: Case Study of Apprenticeship for Ghana – Part Two
- Elon Musk denies Twitter use hurts Tesla as sales soar
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his
- Africa Business Dialogues: Bawumia proposes focus on 3 broad areas for AfCFTA success
- Playback: PM Express Business edition discuss Debt Exchange Programme with Alhassan Andani
- Change in Minority Leadership: We cannot refuse to recognise the lawful decision – Kofi Adams
- B.A. Mensah: Ghana moves from Petrodollar to Petrogold
- MEASURES project puts Accra under spotlight for sustainable energy strategy development