A 29-year-old man has been arrested by police in the Central region for defiling 13-year-old twin girls at Apam.
The suspect, who allegedly took advantage of the girls while they were on an errand, tied and forcibly had sex with them one after the other.
Narrating their ordeal to JoyNews, one of the girls said they were on their way to purchase an item for their mother when the suspect called them to his place and requested to send them on a different errand.
According to her, her sister was asked to wait behind while she goes to the shop for the item and was specifically asked by the suspect to take her time or she will be beaten.
After returning with the item, she found her sister waiting outside with the suspect, who then asked her to enter his room to drop it. He allegedly followed her, forcefully tied her up and had sex with her.
She said, they were again threatened not to tell their mother or they will die.
But the mother of the victims, a caretaker, who also spoke to JoyNews said some youth in the area, suspected what had happened and reported to her.
A report was immediately filed at the police station and the suspect was arrested while the girls were sent to a medical facility for examination.
She is, however, under immense pressure from the suspect’s father to drop the case so her daughters can be compensated.
- 9 Nigerians arrested for illegally entering Ghana after crossing Volta River
- Travellers complain of rampant robbery at Bunso Junction off Accra-Kumasi highway
- I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- ‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
- Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
- Tottenham sack Mourinho after 17 months
- 12 leading clubs confirm formation and format for breakaway Super League
Enforce law allows for unexplained wealth to be questioned – Prof Adei
Nobody can dictate to the media what to publish – Oppong Nkrumah
Former NSMQ contestant, Francis Tetteh reported dead
Apostle Adjei’s case against EC boss adjourned to May 17
Drama as KiDi clashes with lookalike on live TV
2021 Imola GP: 5 Things We Learned
Kuami Eugene reacts after KiDi said his communication is poor
Egg vendors in Kumasi lament about poor quality and sizes of eggs on the market
Kuami Eugene describes critics of his attire during Range Rover presentation as shallow
Jobberman Ghana stirs initiative to enable SMEs hire the right way
‘Securing NDC’s Future’ forum alien to party executives – Peter Otokunor
Chief Justice set to establish tax court to help GRA prosecute defaulters
Ghanaian women stranded in Saudi Arabia call on Akufo-Addo for help
Gyakie’s ‘Forever’ at number 3 on Billboard Top Triller Chart
Mary Elizabeth Van Dyck