A man believed to be in his 60s has been found dead in a cesspit in Battor in the North Tongu District of the Volta Region.
A communique issued by the Head of the Volta Regional Police Public Affairs Unit, DSP Elizabeth Efia Tenge, indicated that a resident smelled a stench upon reaching the toilet, hence reached out for a torchlight to check.
The resident later discovered the lifeless body of the sexagenarian in the pit.
A team of police officers in the company of the Battor Assembly Member, Edward Kikrobeti, had to break open the cement slab to gain access to the corpse.
“One-the-spot inspection shows hands and thigh severed with maggots all over”, the communique stated.
DSP Tenge explained that preliminary investigation led to the arrest of one, Tetteh Ofoe, suspected to have orchestrated and executed the murder.
Two cutlasses were discovered in the suspect’s room.
Some stains suspected to be bloodstains were also visible on his porch.
The evidence have been retained, with the suspect put in custody to assist in investigations.
- Russia ‘will bomb any country that arrests Putin’ – Former Russian president
- Afenyo-Markin pleads for confirmation of ministerial nominees
- AFCON 2023Q: Antoine Semenyo nets last-ditch winner as Black Stars beat Angola
- Social media reacts to Afena-Gyan’s rejection of Black Meteors call-up
- Ghana v Angola: Jordan Ayew, Kudus start as Chris Hughton era begins
- Ashaiman invasion: We have been commended for ridding town of criminals – DG of Armed Forces Public Affairs
- Funny Face opens up on relationship with Emmanuel Adebayor
- Ghana power firms reject move to restructure $1.4bn debt
- Cedi improves in value against dollar; $1 now ¢12.40
- Organ-trafficking Nigerian politician, wife found guilty
- Ministerial nominees: Stalemate persists; Minority determined not to approve – Ablakwa
- Global Economic Challenges: Time is right to see value of insurers – Owusu-Banahene
- Get financing assurances from creditors, partners before Board approval – IMF to Ghana
- Attempts by Bawumia’s supporters to politicise enskinment of new Yagbonwura disrespectful – Joyce Bawah
- Exploring the art of drum making
- Mahama begins 3-day campaign tour of the Western Region today
- Police called to Rihanna’s house after man shows up to propose
- ECG retrieves almost ¢2.5m from 2 defaulting firms in Kumasi
- South Africa opposition vows to ‘protect’ Putin from ICC arrest
- 2023 AFCONQ: Ghana 1-0 Angola: Player Ratings – Partey shines, Mensah struggles
- Ramadan: Nigerians face arrest for ‘eating in public’
- AFCON 2023Q: Benching Andre Ayew was my choice – Chris Hughton
- GSE signs MoU with MIIF to increase listing of mining companies
- AFCON 2023Q: I just want to be effective for the team – Antoine Semenyo
- Today’s front pages: Friday, March 24, 2023