A factory hand has been sentenced to 180 days imprisonment by an Accra Circuit Court for fondling the breast of a 10-year-old and asking her to suck his manhood.
This was after the court found 26-year-old Emmanuel Mbachu guilty on the charge of indecent assault.
The prosecution, led by Superintendent of Police Agnes Boafo said the complainant was a businessman residing at Palladium in Accra.
The accused person, now convict, resides in the same house at Korle-Gonno with the victim.
On January 29, 2023, at about 10:00 am, the complainant who is the victim’s uncle, came to Korle-Gonno to visit the victim’s father, but he did not meet him or the victim in the house.
The prosecution said as the complainant was still waiting, the victim’s father had called the complainant and asked him to check on the victim for him.
It said the complainant then asked the children playing in the house whether they had seen the victim around.
The prosecution said two children informed the complainant that they saw the victim entering the accused person’s room.
It said the complainant knocked at Mbachu’s door but there was no response.
The prosecution said the complainant knocked for the second time and Mbachu opened the door.
It said the complainant asked the convict if he had seen the victim, then Mbachu quickly went inside and brought the victim.
The prosecution said when the victim was quizzed as to what she was doing in Mbachu’s room, she said Mbachu fondled her breast and also asked her to suck his manhood and had sex with her.
The complainant reported the matter to the Police at Korle-Bu, but the matter was referred to the Domestic Violence and Victim’s Support Unit at Mamprobi.
It said a Police medical report form was issued to the complainant to seek medical care for the victim.
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- Ghana branded ambulance found in Dubai in viral video not for sale – National Ambulance Service
- Cattle and sheep easier to control than Nigerians – Buhari
- 16 feared dead, over 40 injured in Gomoa Okyereko accident on Accra-Cape Coast highway
- Attorney General asks Speaker to declare Assin North seat vacant
- I didn’t insult you – Mahama responds to Nana Akomea
- Renowned Economist Dr. Joe Abbey is dead
- Tinubu removes controversial Fuel subsidy in Nigeria
- IMF deal: Government to reduce public sector compensations by 0.5%
- UBA Ghana shares its rich culture on Africa Day
- 14-yrs after Kudalor’s bodyguard ‘vanished’, his mother seeks closure
- Supreme Court convicts NDC’s Kpessa Whyte for contempt
- Photos: Teshie residents demonstrate over poor roads
- Teshie residents demonstrate to demand better roads
- ‘Our roads look like galamsey sites’ – Angry Teshie residents protest deplorable roads
- NPP rejects ¢50k cheque from Bawumia Fun Club
- T-bills auction: Government to borrow ¢2.08bn this week
- Chairman Wontumi: “We’ve ‘conglomerated’ here for… commencement of Suame Interchange, not cutting sod”
- FIFA U20 World Cup: Three African teams qualify to Round of 16, Senegal lose out
- King Charles III looks forward to a stronger UK and Nigeria friendship as Tinubu takes office
- Bond market: Trading volume declines 27.6%; market activity vibrant
- AO Holdings and Microsoft to empower Ghanaian NPOs with innovative solutions
- Learn your trade, don’t force a move from Ajax – Liverpool legend advises Ghana star Mohammed Kudus
- Let’s keep the bond between Muslims and the Manhyia Palace – Otumfuo
- Pressure mounts on cedi; loses 9% in value to dollar last week