A 20-year-old motorbike rider has been sentenced to 15 years imprisonment for robbery by the Asamankese circuit court.
Emmanuel Afanu, will serve his sentence in hard labour.
The offence is contrary to section149 of the criminal offenses Act1960(Act 29).
According to the prosecutor, Inspector Samuel Owusu, the accused, together with his friend who is at large, on April, 8, conspired to commit crime, to wit, robbery and robbery.
He robbed his victim of an iPhone 7 plus mobile phone valued at Ghs2,500.00 after he assaulted Sakyi Michael, the complaint, with a pair of scissors at Yayo a suburb of Asamankese.
Inspector Samuel Owusu said the complainant, a student, lives at Anum-Asamankese while the accused and his accomplice live at Mepom.
He said the complainant was on his way home on that fateful day at around 7: 50 pm when the convicts who were riding motorbike snatched his phone.
He said, in the process, the complainant managed to hold Emmanuel Afanu`s shirt and struggled with him but he inflicted the complainant with a pair of scissors and succeeded in bolting with the mobile phone.
The prosecutor said Emmanuel Afanu was, however, arrested and sent to the Asamankese Police station by some residents after the complaint screamed for help.
The convict was charged and arraigned after the police conducted a thorough investigations.
- ‘Gari and beans’ lowers risk of belly fat, obesity
- Asanteman walk for Alan non-political – NPP stalwart
- Special Prosecutor’s findings in Labianca case technically flawed – Customs Staff Association
- Messi misses out on 2022 Ballon d’Or as Cristiano Ronaldo, Salah, Benzema, Mane, others get nominated
- Labianca case: Special Prosecutor’s findings not surprising – GII
- ‘Ghana Beyond Aid’ actually in need of more aid – Bokpin
- Playback: Newsfile discusses Ghana’s Fitch downgrade and Labianca case
- Bulk importers to be one of the hardest hit by Ghana’s poor credit ratings – AGI
- Barcelona register 4 new signings in time for opener
- Prosecution granted access to track phone calls of suspects in Asamankese chieftaincy violence
‘We promise to support you’ – Bawumia pledges to Ga state at 2022 Homowo
Bridget Otoo ties the knot at private ceremony
One Ghanaian delegate goes ‘missing’ after Commonwealth Games
BoG gives assurance cedi’s stability will be restored
Satanic Verses author Salman Rushdie stabbed in the neck
‘Gari and beans’ lowers risk of belly fat, obesity
Special Prosecutor’s findings in Labianca case technically flawed – Customs Staff Association
Schools under trees: Pupils of Apaaso DA Basic School near Kintampo appeal for help
Akufo-Addo, Ya-Na commend Farouk Aliu Mahama for Yendi City Project initiative
Labianca case: Special Prosecutor’s findings not surprising – GII
‘Ghana Beyond Aid’ actually in need of more aid – Bokpin
Bulk importers to be one of the hardest hit by Ghana’s poor credit ratings – AGI
Ghana’s economic rating downgrade reflects reality – Theo Acheampong
Asanteman walk for Alan non-political – NPP stalwart
Messi misses out on 2022 Ballon d’Or as Cristiano Ronaldo, Salah, Benzema, Mane, others get nominated