Credit: BBC
Audio By Carbonatix
Manchester United footballer Mason Greenwood has been further arrested on suspicion of sexual assault and making threats to kill.
The 20-year-old was arrested on suspicion of rape and assault on Sunday.
Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said it had been granted more time to question him having previously been given an extension on Monday.
Manchester United have said he will not play for the club until further notice.
GMP said the 20-year-old was arrested on Sunday after the force "became aware of online social media images and videos posted by a woman reporting incidents of physical violence".
It said magistrates had granted a second extension to keep him in custody until Wednesday.
A force spokesman said inquiries were ongoing.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Sinapi Aba apprenticeship program graduates 290 youth in Koforidua and Suhum
4 minutes -
Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu calls for separation of Parliament and ministerial appointments
10 minutes -
GPL 2025/26: Hearts of Oak must ‘win games’ to become champions – Didi Dramani
12 minutes -
Ghana Embassy in Washington launches investment drive in California
24 minutes -
GNAT condemns attack on WASS teachers, vows zero tolerance for violence
29 minutes -
ICGC The Royal Temple donates over GH¢50,000 worth of items to Akropong School for the Blind
30 minutes -
The speaker should be a member of Parliament—Kyei Mensah-Bonsu
32 minutes -
Minority in Parliament doing their best under difficult circumstances – Kyei Mensah- Bonsu
33 minutes -
Fire outbreak at Debiso claims one life
47 minutes -
May God give us the strength and wisdom to serve Ghana with integrity and love – Bawumia
49 minutes -
I am encouraged by our reconciliation efforts – Bawumia
57 minutes -
Accra Mayor empowers 88 PWDs with working tools, start-up capital worth over GH¢300,000
1 hour -
Moon sighting for Ramadan 2026 set for February 18 – Office of Chief Imam
1 hour -
NAIMOS task force cracks down on galamsey in Ashanti Region over Valentine’s weekend
2 hours -
OSP goofed and must tell Ghanaians the truth – Frank Davies reacts to Red Notice decision
2 hours
