An Adentan Circuit Court has sentenced a Ghana-based Togolese Mason to 20 years imprisonment in hard labour for defiling a class two pupil.
Mawuena Ahava, aka Togo, a 25- year-old mason defiled and impregnated the 11-year-old victim.
He pleaded guilty to the charge of defilement.
The Court, presided over by Mrs Sedinam Awo Balokah, convicted Ahava on his plea and sentenced him accordingly.
Prosecuting, Chief Inspector Maxwell Lanyo, told the Court that the victim is the complainant’s daughter.
Chief Inspector Lanyo, said the complainant and the victim resided at Malejor near Adenta, with Ahava.
The prosecution said Ahava worked together with the complainant, also a mason, and visited his house often when they had jobs.
He said on October 27, this year, the complainant was called to the victim’s school and informed that the victim is pregnant.
The prosecution said when the complainant quizzed the victim, she told him that Ahava was responsible for the pregnancy and that he had unprotected sex with her whenever he (complainant) was away.
Prosecution said Ahava also warned the victim not to tell anyone about her ordeal.
The prosecution said the complainant reported the matter to the Police at Oyibi which was later transferred to Adenta.
The prosecution added that the complainant was given a medical form to seek medical care for the victim.
- Bagbin’s new look gets social media talking as Parliament resumes sitting
- Apeatse explosion: I wish I had died than to lose my son, 10 bedroom house
- Lands Ministry investigates alleged military assault on mining taskforce
- First female Brigadier-General in GAF dies
- Group pickets Parliament over E-Levy, vows to resist re-introduction
- E-levy: Government will not back down on 1.75% rate – Oppong Nkrumah
- NDC MPs have washed our hands off the e-levy and its consequences if approved – Elizabeth Ofosu Agyare
- Special Prosecutor starts investigations into banking and financial sector crisis
- AFCON 2021: 8 people dead and over 40 injured in Olembe Stadium stampede
- Ten dead in a road accident at Savelugu
Fire outbreak near BOST Accra Plains Depot destroys one salon car and a tricycle
Janet Jackson claims Michael called her a ‘pig, cow and horse’ in new doc
BioNTech to help establish vaccine production facility in Ghana – Akufo-Addo
Apeatse Explosion: Survivors likely to resort to unhealthy coping mechanisms – Psychiatrist
Disregard publication on mandatory ‘Akwaaba’ insurance – NIC
Assin Worakese Traditional leaders seize 450-acre land leased to Cocobod for Cocoa Research Station
‘I didn’t know Sadiq had a problem with me’- King Promise on 3Music’s blacklist
Fake ‘mallam’ jailed 5 years for fraud
Apeatse explosion: There must be seismic test to study extent of land fracture – Building consultant
It came as a surprise to me – KiDi confirms ‘Touch It’ remix
‘You mean the world to me’ – Van Vicker celebrates wife on 45th birthday
Agreement on vaccine production to be signed in Germany on Feb. 16 – Akufo-Addo
E-levy Bill to be discussed by Parliament next week – Majority Leader
Apeatse Explosion: Government launches ‘Apeatse Support Fund’ for victims
CPI shows that interventions to fight against corruption are bearing results – Information Minister