Lionel Messi, Erling Haaland and Kevin De Bruyne have been shortlisted for the UEFA Men’s Player of the Year award.
Manchester City duo Kevin De Bruyne and Erling Haaland and Lionel Messi, now of Inter Miami, have been voted as the top three nominees for the 2022-23 UEFA Men’s Player of the Year award.
The shortlist was selected by the UEFA technical study group based on their performance during last season at both club and international level.
The top three nominees were then voted for by a jury composed of the coaches of the clubs which played in the group stages of the 2022-23 Champions League, the Europa League, and the Europa Conference League, along with men’s national team coaches and a group of journalists selected by the European Sports Media.
Ilkay Gundogan, Rodri, Kylian Mbappe, Luka Modric, Marcelo Brozovic, Declan Rice, Alexis Mac Allister and Jesus Navas made the top 11. Karim Benzema is the current award holder and Cristiano Ronaldo has won this accolade more than anyone else by triumphing on three occasions.
The winner will be announced on August 31 during the 2023-24 UEFA Champions League group stage draw ceremony.
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Let’s tread cautiously as investigations continue – Domelevo
- UEFA awards Mohammed Kudus’ second goal to him after initially declaring it own goal against Backa Topola
- Cecilia Dapaah case: People must guard against contempt in commentary – Gary Nimako
- The Career Trail: Quitting banking for jewellery business; Ella Cadie’s bold career shift
- I’ll release audio recording of Kan Dapaah’s $1m offer to silence me – Barker-Vormawor
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police arresting protesters without a warrant was unlawful – Inusah Fuseini
- Photos and videos: Protesters hit the street on day 3 of #OccupyJulorbiHouse demonstration
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Organisers of demonstrations must respect the law – Gary Nimako
- Ghana is in a leadership crisis; African leaders lack consciousness – Prof Adu-Gyamfi
- MMALABS signs MoU with Spintex Medical Center to boost quality healthcare
- NPP flagbearer race: Bawumia suspends campaign over ongoing limited registration exercise
- Sharaf Mahama celebrates 26th birthday with donation and reading session with kids
- I’m not the 3rd richest man in Ghana – Dr Kwame Addo-Kufuor
- Desist from registering JHS 1 and 2 students for BECE – Public school heads warned
- Bob Menendez steps down as US Senate foreign relations chairman after indictment