In five days, the planet’s most exciting football jamboree, the 2022 FIFA World Cup will kick off in Qatar with 32 teams rivaling for global supremacy. In Qatar, the razzmatazz is already evident with several teams already pitching tent in the peninsular Arab nation to continue gearing up for the showpiece.
It is the first time that the World cup is being played in November and December with Qatari officials assuring fans and spectators of a scintillating tournament ahead of the event’s curtain-raiser pitting host Qatar against Ecuador on November 20, at the 60,000-seater Al-Bayt Stadium in Al Khor.
Mexico who are pitted against Argentina, Saudi Arabia and Poland in Group C will be appearing at the tournament for the 17th time and the country’s football officials have called for a harmony around the Qatar World Cup.
“Football is a powerful tool that positively inspires people. At the Mexican Football Federation, we are convinced of the enormous impact and convening power that the most followed sport on the planet has.” A statement from the Mexican Football Federation highlighted.
“The World Cup calls for unity, respect and inclusion, fundamental values that football promotes. Let us celebrate together that football is capable of positively transforming the world through its universal language and let us join efforts so that the 32 participating teams and the fans around the world are promoters of universal values such as unity and respect.”
This Qatar competition promises to be a thrilling event with FIFA to introduce enhanced football intelligence which will share the most modern insights, metrics and performance data with the worldwide TV and online audience, together with the participating teams and their players.
Developed by the FIFA High Performance team and led by FIFA Chief of Global Football Development Arsène Wenger, the enhanced football intelligence service will offer new and exciting metrics to enrich the coverage and analysis of every game at the FIFA World Cup 2022™.
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- Rev Victor Kusi Boateng sues Ablakwa for defamation
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Jihadists may have infiltrated Bawku – Upper East Regional Minister
- Musk found not guilty of fraud over Tesla tweet
- Man shot by police was cleaning out – family
- Number of staff suing Twitter ‘goes up daily’ – lawyer
- Nursing and Midwifery institutes prioritising theory over practical skills – Oncologist
- I started smoking at the age of 11 – Musician OJ Blaq reveals
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- President Akufo-Addo accepts Chieftaincy Minister’s resignation
- Livestream: One-on-one with Seth Terkper on PM Express
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Flora Tissue grants renowned actor Fred Amugi’s 74th birthday wish
- I’m unable to confirm whether 1st gold for oil consignment was paid in cash – Deputy BoG Governor
- I’ll later explain my comment about people who watch movies for long hours – Yaw Dabo
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand
- Groundworks underway for construction of modern film studios in Ghana, West Africa – Idris Elba
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group