A joint operation by the security agencies in Kagara in the Northern region has led to the seizure of 73 locally manufactured long guns and a locally-manufactured pistol.
The operation ‘Kundanlgou’ discovered that the weapons are as deadly as those manufactured outside the country.
The team also confiscated 83 metal pipes, three hacksaw blades, two hammers, three G-clamps, three iron files and a grinding machine suspected to be used in the manufacturing process.
Similar arrests have been made in Yendi and Chereponi according to our source.
The operation Kundanlgou was launched in 2018 along Ghana’s northern borders in collaboration with security agencies in Burkina-Faso, Togo and Benin to tackle cross-border crimes.
Some quantities of leaves suspected to be marijuana have also been seized in the operation.
Four suspects Mahamadu Fuseini, Mohammed Suraju, Yussif Iddrisu and Abdul-Somed Baba are in custody.
This is a developing story that JoyNews would be updating as and when new information is made available.
- We were never consulted on NDC Parliamentary leadership reshuffle – Muntaka Mubarak
- Minority Leadership reshuffle an affront to dignity of NDC Caucus – Dr. Dominic Ayine
- Financial crisis has affected my GH¢106k investment – Agyinasare
- Tullow Oil challenges GRA over $300m tax imposition
- ‘I’ve had frank conversations with Haruna Iddrisu’ – Ato Forson reveals
- NDC national executives to meet Minority Caucus over reshuffle
- Stonebwoy thanks Asamoah Gyan for paying for his surgery 7 years ago
- Debt Exchange Programme: Government reaches agreement with Ghana Insurers Association
- Consultations are not mandatory – Dr. Spio-Garbrah on change in Minority leadership
- Haruna Iddrisu, Muntaka Mubarak still leaders of Minority Caucus – Cletus Avoka
- DDE could be a positive turning point for Ghana – Alhassan Andani
- Mahama speaks on Africa’s strategic priorities at Chatham House
- Pusiga celebrates late philanthropist’s 67 years changing lives
- Debt Exchange Programme: Jubilee House, EMT against inclusion of individual bondholders – Bright Simons
- National Labour Commission directs CETAG to call off strike
- Pope Francis appoints Rev Fr Samuel Nkuah-Boateng as Bishop of Wiawso Diocese
- Court threatens to strike out case against Agradaa
- Asiedu Nketia leads party delegation to attend Mahama-led lecture in UK
- George Ferguson Laing: Why the looming water crisis may be a glimmer of hope for climate awareness
- Change in Minority Leadership: Rescind decision – Dr Amoako Baah tells NDC national executive
- The Story of Prophet Elisha: Case Study of Apprenticeship for Ghana – Part Two
- Elon Musk denies Twitter use hurts Tesla as sales soar
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his
- Africa Business Dialogues: Bawumia proposes focus on 3 broad areas for AfCFTA success
- Playback: PM Express Business edition discuss Debt Exchange Programme with Alhassan Andani