Renowned business leader, telecommunication guru and Chief Executive of MTN Benin, Uche Ofodile has received the GUBA ‘Influential Business Leader’ award in Cotonou, Benin.
Madam Ofodile was one of the thirteen nominees for the 13th Grow, Unite and Build Africa (GUBA) Awards which was held in Kigali-Rwanda, on September 29, 2022, on the theme “Ndabaga – Drumbeat of Dreamers and Legends”.
Though she could not attend the awards personally, she participated remotely.
Receiving the award in person at the MTN Head Office in Benin on December 15, 2022, Madam Ofodile said, “I am honoured to have received the GUBA ‘Influential Business Leader’ award, a scheme which has celebrated many great men and women in Africa and the diaspora”.
She commended GUBA for celebrating and recognising the contribution of black women in the diaspora and Africa and encouraging women to do more for themselves.
She was joined by heads of department and staff of the company to receive the award.
Uche Ofodile’s participation in the award according to GUBA, is a testament to how women in high positions at all levels of society are advocating and encouraging other women to rise to similar levels of leadership.
GUBA Enterprise’s President and CEO, Lady Dentaa Amoateng MBE, at the presentation ceremony, said, “It was an honour of personally meeting and presenting the ‘Influential Business Leader’ award to the inspirational Uche Ofodile”.
“Sometimes you do things without knowing the impact you have on people’s lives, and for us, it was really important to come, to give her a hug, it’s a small prize, sure, but it has an impact.
“Uche has worked over the years empowering others, she has great leadership skills, she is humble – and these are the signs of a great leader” Lady Dentaa said.
She said, “Sometimes when you’re at the top, you feel alone but no one should be alone doing marvellous things for society. Honouring individuals and society is what GUBA does!
“We wanted to make sure we shine a light on Uche, right here in Benin, where she works as CEO of MTN. We recognize the people who make Africa shine, talking about the positive aspects of all that is done on the continent”.
- Mobile Money transactions in only 2 months of 2023 hit ¢264.1bn
- We would all have sworn to Antoa if my dad was alive – Zanetor Rawlings
- Speculation that NDC imposed its decision on Minority Caucus is untrue – Sammy Gyamfi
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- Popular American filmmaker Spike Lee is in Ghana
- T-Bills auction: sales undersubscribed by 23%; interest rates remain stable
- Ghana records $752.8m trade surplus in first 2 months of 2023
- BoG increases policy rate to 29.5%; loans to remain expensive
- We’re committed to helping Ghana resolve current economic crisis – China assures
- “It’s not always about goals” – Chris Hughton defends Inaki Williams
- Ivy Setordjie: Drinking to a warming globe – Part 1
- World Theater Day: Stakeholders urged to commit more resources to industry
- I was sexually harassed on a bus – Ernest Opoku reveals
- Reports that banks are facing insolvency risk over DDE malicious – Ghana Association of Banks
- Re: Banks facing insolvency risks on debt exchange programme
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- Substantial elements of Anti-LGBTQ bill have been modified – Akufo-Addo
- Free SHS: Holistic approach to teaching and learning needed to sustain quality
- US commits $100m to help combat terrorism in coastal West Africa
- Ghana’s IMF programme: Paris Club, China, other creditors agree to form OCC
- Meet Jon Boafo, Ghana’s first international rower: A story of perseverance and dedication
- Economic activity contracts but consumer confidence improves – BoG
- British Council builds network for UK-Ghanaian students to access employable opportunities
- NPA boss calls on National Chief Imam
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana