Musician Kelvyn Boy has urged music producers and musicians to do the “right” when handling financial issues.
Speaking to Hitz FM’s Doreen Avio, the ‘Mia’ hitmaker said in a digital age, where streaming of songs is a source of making money, producers must also be credited when songs are uploaded.
He wants a contract signed to know how much percentage of money earned ought to go to the producer and the musician.
“We just have to sit down and do things right. It is not about this one gave me money; oh Sarkodie gave me momo so Kweku Flick should give me MoMo.
“We should see the difference. If the artiste comes and you tell him that this is my price sheet and I have registered PRS, so if you upload the song on the internet, add my name and my account my money will come to me, it makes life easy for everyone,” he said.
His comment comes off the back of Music Producer MOG accusing Shatta Wale of not paying him although the dancehall artiste had named him one of the best music producers on social media.
This generated a lot of exchanges between the two on social media.
- Social media users react to DSP Azugu’s alleged role in assault on Citi FM journalist
- ASEPA calls for the removal of GJA President, Affail Monney
- Don’t reduce our schools to ideological and religious fighting grounds – Akufo-Addo tells religious leaders
- NSMQ 2021: Mfantsipim destroys Adisadel, University Practice and Assin State College to win Central Regional Championship
- Akufo-Addo and his NPP government are reducing Ghana to a police state – Haruna Iddrisu
- We have not failed humanity by building prison infrastructure – Church of Pentecost
- GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
- Francis Xavier-Sosu: Eid-ul-Fitr reflections – Human rights and security implications, the case of Wesley Girls’ and the Methodist Church
- Education Minister engages stakeholders of Christian Mission Schools over Wesley Girls’ brouhaha
- Heavy downpour renders Damongo residents homeless
Nigerian army denies Boko Haram Eid donation reports
Caleb Kudah didn’t breach Code of Ethics – GJA General Secretary
2 jailed 26 years over attempted robbery
Dzata Cement denies claims of selling product GH¢30 per bag
Citi FM journalist gained access to National Security premises under false pretence – Chief Director
Council of States donates to inpatients of Bole Hospital
Top scientists question the need for Covid-19 booster shots
Akufo-Addo visits France, Belgium and South Africa as part of post-Covid-19 engagements
Today’s front pages: Friday, May 14, 2021
NSMQ2021: Perfect ‘salah’ gift as Tamale SHS wins maiden Northern Zonal Championship
Coach Paa Kwasi Fabin names 27-man Black Meteors squad to face Japan
Real Madrid win to keep title dream alive
GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
Liverpool boost top four hopes with win at Man Utd
Sancho and Haaland score doubles as Dortmund win German Cup