Born into a musically-inclined family, Kwadwo Akwaboah Jnr, is certain that guidance from his music-legend of a father, Kwadwo Akwaboah Snr, will ensure his success in every song he releases.
According to him, his father has contributed to many of his works, including his yet-to-be-released album titled ‘Lighthouse’.
Speaking in an interview on Joy Prime‘s Showbiz Now with KMJ, Akwaboah Jnr stated that his father contributed to the production of about 60% of the songs on the album.
He explained that his father is the one person who tells him what’s right and wrong without any fear when it comes to his songs.
“He doesn’t mince words so he tells you the truth. I sent him the whole album and when he listens he criticises without any fears. He is the general overseer and he tells me all the weaknesses in the song,” he dislosed.
He revealed that he had the chance to sit with his dad so Akwaboah Snr could give him proper feedback to gear the ‘Lighthouse’ album into excellence.
“Once he is able to tell you the mistake, you can correct them…my friends tell me it’s good but he is different and straightforward,” Akwaboah Jnr added.
Akwaboah Jnr on Monday outdoored a single titled ‘Ensesa’ off the upcoming album.
The song has received many accolades from fans with some saying they are eager to listen to the complete work.
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- Speaker slams Kamala Harris’ take on LGBTQ+ in Ghana, calls out Akufo-Addo
- Sights and sounds: Akufo-Addo hosts Kamala Harris at banquet
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Black Stars: 5 things we learned from the two games against Angola
- Playback: Kamala Harris addressed Ghanaians from Black Star Square
- ‘It was too big a risk to start him’- Hughton on Thomas Partey against Angola
- Treason trial: Court demands death certificate of Dr Mac-Palm
- IMF reluctant to approve bailout because of huge budget deficit – Prof. Bokpin
- Ghana has failed to play its foreign policy well – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Ghana should be careful not to fall into a geopolitical trap – Dr. Hlorvor
- Ghana is important to the US – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Gold Mafia: Kenyan once honoured with ‘Lifetime Africa Achievement’ uncovered as Africa’s foremost gold smuggler
- Why Ebo Whyte’s ‘Just The Tip’ is a ‘maybe’
- You can’t intervene in anti-LGBTQ+ bill; you’re not in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo
- Tarkwa Rotary Club conducts medical screening for inmates of Tarkwa prisons
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- GhLA CEO Hayford Siaw honoured by global philanthropy organisation, Reach for Change
- World Water Day: Youth engagement maximized to achieve SDG 6
- Livestream: PM Express discusses US-Ghana relations
- Hey please! I am in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo over anti-LGBTQ+ bill
- Bole-Bamboi MP calls for rerun of the election that approved six ministerial nominees
- ‘He devoted himself to the Danquah-Dombo-Busia tradition’ – Akufo-Addo eulogises late Kumawu MP