The Deputy Director in Charge of Sustainable Livelihood at the National Disaster Management Organization, Bright Elorm Doviavu, has indicated that NADMO is working with the Ministry of Food and Agriculture and other stakeholders to build the capacity of farmers along the White Volta.
This includes teaching the farmers to adopt early maturing of seeds for planting.
He said when that is done it will allow the farmers to harvest on time before the annual spillage of the Bagre dam which consistently destroys farm produce.
According to him, NADMO is also collaborating with key donor agencies and the UN system through the UN inter-agency working group for emergency and the food and agricultural organizations to offer support to build resilience along that stretch of the dam.
The Deputy Director made this known at a stakeholders’ consultation workshop for the development of a National Social Protection Shock Response Strategy organized by the World Bank.
Bright Elorm Doviavu attributed the less impact of the spillage this year to proactive measures coupled with sensitizations done by NADMO in the area.
He expressed worry about the reluctance of some stakeholders to partner NADMO in the fight against disasters.
He also called on stakeholders to partner with NADMO to engage more on these shock responses to avoid duplication of efforts.
- Christian Atsu: Hatayspor official says there was mistaken identity, player still not found
- Turkey Earthquakes: Christian Atsu can’t be located 24 hours after rescue – Family
- 32-year-old nurse commits suicide in Kpasera, Savannah Region
- Death of Gospel musician’s brother: Pathologist cites asphyxiation, obstruction of airway by foreign body as cause of death
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Government forcing banks to coerce customers to accept DDEP – Senyo Hosi
- ‘The Lord is your shepherd, you shall not want’ – Bagbin prays for Haruna Iddrisu and co
- We need reduction in appointees, not reshuffle – Dr Amoako Baah tells Akufo-Addo
- Domestic Debt Exchange: We’ve achieved more than 50% of participation – Deputy Finance Minister
- ‘We cannot discard these utterances as vain talk’ – NPP reacts to Suame NDC Youth Organiser
- We do not love ourselves as Ghanaians – Jay Foley asserts
- Hold Akufo-Addo and National Security responsible if Ablakwa is harmed – Ras Mubarak
- Improvised explosive device was nearly used to blow a bridge in Bawku – Defence Minister
- Death of gospel musician’s brother: Police Report inconsistent – Jomoro MP
- Bounou, Courtois and Martinez make final three for FIFA Men’s Goalkeeper of the Year
- Impossible to prepare for disasters this big, Turkey’s president says
- Let’s pray KT Hammond and Steven Amoah don’t exchange blows at Trade Ministry – Murtala Mohammed
- Death of Gospel musician’s brother: We will not accept police report on his death – Family
- We’ll not allow the Judiciary to be used to intimidate Ablakwa from carrying out mandate – Minority
- Group prevails on Energy Commission to lift ban on importation of used electrical appliances
- Death of gospel musician’s brother: Is weed okro for one to swallow eight easily? – Family quizzes
- Tema Motorway is gone; apply common sense when driving – Expert tells drivers
- UGBS launch innovation and incubation hub to support start-ups
- DDEP: We are testing Ofori-Atta’s Christianity – Individual bondholders on call for exemption