The chiefs and people of Namangu in Nalerigu/Gambaga in the North East Region are appealing to the government to rehabilitate the only access route to the community.
The seven-kilometre road linking the community to the Walewale highway has been known to security officials as one of the notorious routes for the smuggling of marijuana.
Speaking to JoyNews, residents said the deplorable nature of the road is making living conditions more difficult for them.
One resident explained that due to the poor state of the road, cars barely visit the community; leaving residents to travel mainly on foot.
According to him, the residents are sometimes forced to use donkeys, motorcycles, and bicycles for transportation.
The road has also become a safe haven for armed robbers and other criminals, another resident added.
Community Chief, Wuni Braimah said his people are therefore frustrated after several attempts to get the road fixed, turned futile.
He said his people have been to the district assembly on several occasions to hand over petitions but no action has been taken.
“We are appealing to authorities to come to our aid if they can’t put asphalt on it, they should gravel it for us,” another resident, Nabila Inusah added.
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Rev Victor Kusi Boateng sues Ablakwa for defamation
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Concerned UG Students embark on ‘Ya Br3 Mo’ Demo
- Jihadists may have infiltrated Bawku – Upper East Regional Minister
- Diana Hamilton settles bills of patients at KATH
- 3 die in motorbike accident at Yaw Bronya, Ashanti Region
- Musk found not guilty of fraud over Tesla tweet
- Man shot by police was cleaning out – family
- Number of staff suing Twitter ‘goes up daily’ – lawyer
- Nursing and Midwifery institutes prioritising theory over practical skills – Oncologist
- I started smoking at the age of 11 – Musician OJ Blaq reveals
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- President Akufo-Addo accepts Chieftaincy Minister’s resignation
- Playback: One-on-one with Seth Terkper on PM Express
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Flora Tissue grants renowned actor Fred Amugi’s 74th birthday wish
- I’m unable to confirm whether 1st gold for oil consignment was paid in cash – Deputy BoG Governor
- I’ll later explain my comment about people who watch movies for long hours – Yaw Dabo
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand