The President of the National House of Chiefs has eulogised government for its introduction of infrastructural policies and initiatives to accelerate the country’s development.
Ogyeahohoo Yaw Gyebi II said this after the commissioning of Sehwi Akontombra Rice Processing Factory and an administration block for the Western North Regional Coordinating Council at Sehwi Wiawso as part of President Akufo-Addo’s tour of the region.
President Akufo-Addo has commissioned the factory and administration block as part of his two-day tour of the region.
The Sehwi Akontombra Rice Factory constructed under the government One District-One Factory initiative can produce between 1.5 and 2.8 tonnes of processed rice.
Also, the ¢6.7million rice factory has a standby generator, a mechanised borehole to supply water to the facility and installations for processing rice.
However, the President of the National House of Chiefs, who doubles as the Paramount Chief of Sehwi Anhwiaso Traditional Area, Ogyeahoho Yaw Gyebi II, has commended the government on its policies, including a cocoa rehabilitation programme, planting for food and jobs, school feeding programme, Free SHS and creation of new regions especially, Western North among others for the development of the country.
Also, Ogyeahohoo Yaw Gyebi II urged the chiefs to resolve chieftaincy disputes in their traditional areas and provide their ultimate support to the government to ensure the proper and peaceful development of the country.
He added that the chief must, at all cost, institute measures to halt the activities of illegal mining in the region to prevent the destruction of the lands, forest reserves and water bodies.
Meanwhile, President Akufo-Addo has urged traditional, religious and opinion leaders to rally their support to his government to make the region great and strong.
He said he has a vested interest in the Western North Region since he is the originator of the region.
- Ofori-Atta lauds giant step towards achieving climate prosperity
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Ama Governor opens up for the time since being reconsidered for the Bar
- BoG keeps policy rate unchanged at 30%
- Dr Norvishie Arkutu: Dealing with dental anxiety in oral health delivery
- There are lack of teachers, books for arts education in basic schools – Terry Bright Ofosu
- Nana Kwasi Gyan-Apenteng: Letter to European Commission President on Migrant Crisis
- Buildings demolition: Drobo chief accuses Japekrom Traditional Council, MUSEC of complicity
- COVID-19: Ghanaians urged to take vaccination exercise seriously
- Bill to remove 15% sanitary pad tax introduced
- Alan Kyerematen to speak on his political future today
- Raymond Acquah: Ada Radio’s Noah Dameh, a true hero of our time
- Total Mobile Money transactions hit ¢1.190trn in eight months of 2023 – BoG
- Entries open for 10th edition of Ghana CSR Excellence Awards
- You are a role model; you have transformed Ghana Airports Company – Deputy Transport Minister to MD
- Give women more leadership roles – Government told