The Ministry of Works and Housing has clarified the ownership of the National Rental Assistance Scheme (NRAS).
The Scheme was launched by Vice President, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia on Tuesday, January 31.
The Ministry in a press release issued on Wednesday, February 1, said the clarification has become necessary due to some misinformation in both social and traditional media.
“The attention of the Ministry of Works and Housing has been drawn to publication on social and traditional media platforms questioning the feasibility of the National Rental Assistance Scheme (NRSA) which was launched by His Excellency, the Vice President, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia yesterday, 31 January 2023.”
“The National Rental Assistance Scheme is a public-private partnership. Government has contracted Rent Masters Ghana Ltd, a fully owned Ghanaian Company to assist in executing the programme,” excerpts of the statement said.
The Scheme, which is a key intervention by government, is expected to provide low-to-middle income earners with a mechanism to pay low monthly rent.
This effectively removes the need for rent advance payment and ultimately improve the quality of rental accommodation especially in the urban cities.
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Proposed taxes are draconian – Seth Terkper
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- We need a hospital built purposely for Members of Parliament – Henry Quartey
- North Dayi District Assembly committed to improving livelihoods of PwDs – DCE
- High Court issues bench warrant for Savelugu MP
- Enterprise Group PLC appoints Keli Gadzekpo as Group Chairman
- We hope our colleagues will help pass the 3 tax measures – Oppong Nkrumah
- Justice system has not worked for Gyakye Quayson, Assin North constituents – Mahama
- Oscar Pistorius parole bid collapses in South Africa
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Health officer in court for allegedly defiling two teenagers at Nkwanta
- Gbewaa College incurs over GHȻ7k debt weekly to feed teacher trainees – Principal
- GAEC partners EU, IAEA UNICRI to fight organised criminal activities
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Online safety: Fund seeks applicants for grant awards
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display