The National Teaching Council is set to issue teachers’ license and registration numbers to all qualified teachers across the country.
According to the NTC, this is part of its plans to promote teacher professionalisation in the country.
Thus, all teachers in the Ghana Education Service and the private institutions are qualified to register for the number in an exercise set to begin in May.
“For the avoidance of doubt, qualified teachers are teachers who have been trained and certified as teachers by accredited colleges and universities that train teachers,” part of a letter signed by the Registrar Christian Addai-Poku (PhD) read.
All teachers who were employed before September 2018 have been tasked to go on the NTC’s Teacher Portal Ghana and register. The deadline for registration on the portal is May 7.
Also, all teachers employed after August 31, 2018 are required to pass the teacher licensure exams before they merit the license and registration number.
“Thus their provisional license shall be replaced with a full license during the exercise,” the letter added.
The NTC said that teachers who fail to avail themselves for the exercise will lose their right to practice.
They urged the Ghana Education Service to alert all teachers to participate.
- Korle-Bu doctor poisons colleague’s water with HIV blood
- NSMQ 2021: 3-man Sandema SHTS team without supporters, books place in final U/E qualifiers
- #FixTheCountry: Convenors of protest disappointed in Supreme Court over hearing scheduled for June
- EC must review processes leading to 2020 election results collation – Akoto Ampaw
- National security cloned #FixTheCountry protester’s mobile phone – Baker-Vormawor alleges
- Prince Misizulu named next Zulu king amid family feud
- 20 arrested in Atewa forest aren’t national security operatives – Oppong Nkrumah
- Ghana loses $200m to untapped online forex trading market
- Blunt and Blay: Real reason why the Church won’t allow a Muslim student to fast in a ‘Mission School’
- Akufo-Addo has not lived up to expectation – Kofi Bentil
Pastor Allen Caiquo releases ‘Finally’ ahead of ‘Priest & King’ EP
#FixTheCountry organisers exhibited ‘bad faith’ during National Security meeting – Godfred Dame
Blaq Jerzee recruits Marioo, Eddy Kenzo on ’Sokoma’ track
13 types of guys who stay single and don’t ever find lasting love
Blunt and Blay: Real reason why the Church won’t allow a Muslim student to fast in a ‘Mission School’
I have no regrets participating in ‘OccupyFlagstaffHouse’ protest – Kofi Bentil
Neymar signs new Paris St-Germain contract
National security cloned #FixTheCountry protester’s mobile phone – Baker-Vormawor alleges
Akufo-Addo has not lived up to expectation – Kofi Bentil
Doubts over venue for Champions League final between Chelsea and Man City as Turkey added to red list
Covid-19: GHS Director of Health Promotion advises against #FixTheCountry demonstration
FanMilk launches NutriDay zinc fortified yoghurt
Software developer volunteers to teach youth programming
Libya: Gunmen storm hotel used as Presidential Council HQ
Covid-19: Roll-out for second doses to begin May 19