AshantiGold enhanced their chances of playing in Africa next season after beating Asante Kotoko 3-1 at the Accra Stadium Sports Stadium on Wednesday in the semi-final of the Tier II NC Special Cup.
The Miners had to rally from an early goal down to advance to the final of the competition.
Guinean import Naby Keita gave the Porcupine Warriors the lead after two minutes when he directed in a Kwame Boahene cross from the right.
But two minutes later, Ashgold equalised through Yussif Mubarik's header from Ronald Amouzou's corner.
On the half-hour mark, Ashgold took the lead through Emmanuel Owusu, who prodded home Ronald Amouzou's cross.
In the 55th minute, AshGold open a two-goal lead after Mark Agyekum headed in a cross from the right flank.
Kotoko goalkeeper Danlad Ibrahim, who missed the ball, suffered a knock in the process and had to be stretchered off.
This paved the way for substitute goalkeeper Kwame Osei.
Kotoko tried to fight but could not come back into the match as AshantiGold progressed to face Nzema Kotoko in the final.
Winner will play in CAF Confederation Cup next season.
Kotoko will now turn their attention to the Tier 1 finals against Karela United which is scheduled for Sunday at Baba Yara Stadium in Kumasi.
- Gabby Otchere-Darko hangs out with Arsenal players after win over Spurs
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor General’s report
- I don’t feel sabotaged – ECG MD on credit purchase challenges
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by the MD – Kwadwo Poku
- I broke down after old tweets resurfaced – KiDi
- Declare state of emergency in mining areas – OccupyGhana to Akufo-Addo
- Kwasi Kwarteng’s U-turn won’t be forgotten
- Social media reacts to death of Ekow Blankson
- Diversions of $100m oil money disconcerting; Finance Minister must repatriate funds urgently – Mahama
- Pete Edochie and wife celebrate 53rd marriage anniversary
- GWCL assures regular water supply despite flooding incidents
- Capt Ibrahim Traoré: From shy schoolboy to military ruler
- Choosing Chelsea over United was ‘best decision of my life’ – Mikel Obi
- Neighbour rescues 13 Zambia women held for six months
- Mankessim murder: Court adjourns case to allow police more time to investigate
- Nima Dreams: ‘Inadequate pitches causing decline in football talents’ – Mohammed Polo
- How Dansoman influenced Akosua Adjepong’s career
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- ‘It’s an inspiration to do more’ – Mohammed Kudus reacts to messages from Right to Dream
- We’ve paid ¢2.4bn to pensioners as of August 2022; never defaulted – SSNIT Boss
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- Finance Ministry to continue IMF negotiations in U.S.A
- Government bags ¢8.11bn from T-Bills in September 2022
- Nigeria gunmen disguised as guards kill 12 people
- Create a budget to fight cyber crime – Cyber Security Authority to businesses