One of the aspirants seeking for Oti Regional Secretary position, Gado Yakubu Ninsaw, collapsed on Sunday after losing the election.
Dressed in all white in expectation of a resounding victory, Mr Ninsaw had the shock of his life when the results did not go in his favour.
He collapsed after realizing the opponent was in a comfortable lead during the counting and ahead of the official declaration.
Party officials and onlookers rushed to revive him and he was later sent to the hospital for medical treatment.
In the comments, the Member of Parliament for Krachi West, Helen Adjoa Ntoso, advised politicians not to take the game at heart.
She added that the way the defeated politician tumbled down as he stood was a clear indication he was suffering from exhaustion or a health condition or even both.
“He could have died. Thanks be to God that he is still alive. We all need to be health conscious. This is what happens when you mainly depend on politics for the upkeep of you and your family,” she said.
The incumbent chairman, who won with 162 votes, assured of working hard to retain all the parliamentary seats in Oti and also double the presidential votes for John Mahama for victory 2024.
The winner of the Women’s Organiser position, Paulina Magyam, also promised to work hard with the elected executives to capture power from NPP in 2024
- Christian Atsu: Hatayspor official says there was mistaken identity, player still not found
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Turkey Earthquakes: Christian Atsu can’t be located 24 hours after rescue – Family
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- 32-year-old nurse commits suicide in Kpasera, Savannah Region
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Death of Gospel musician’s brother: Pathologist cites asphyxiation, obstruction of airway by foreign body as cause of death
- Pardon Suame NDC Youth Organiser for misspeaking – Sammy Gyamfi tells Police
- ‘The Lord is your shepherd, you shall not want’ – Bagbin prays for Haruna Iddrisu and co
- Death of gospel musician’s brother: Is weed okro for one to swallow eight easily? – Family quizzes
- Tema Motorway is gone; apply common sense when driving – Expert tells drivers
- UGBS launch innovation and incubation hub to support start-ups
- DDEP: We are testing Ofori-Atta’s Christianity – Individual bondholders on call for exemption
- Debt Exchange: Over GH¢31bn of bonds to be restructured will mature this year
- Some Ghanaian artistes are egoistic and shortsighted – Jay Foley
- NPA to drag 47 OMCs to court for non-payment of PDM collected
- Ashanti Regional NDC leadership hands over Suame Youth Organiser to Police
- We are still opposed to C.I which makes Ghana Card only source document for voters’ registration – Minority
- Ministerial appointments do not cost as much as people think – Dr. Adomako Kissi
- Visiting green spaces 3-4 times weekly may lower your need for meds, according to new study
- Use legal means to challenge imposition of back-tax – GRA to multinational companies
- We’re encouraging Ghana’s government to push education in creative arts – Idris Elba
- Poultry sector receives major boost as two companies team up to produce locally
- UHAS leaps towards improving sports medicine in Ghana