The Presidential Candidate of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), has promised the chiefs and people of Bawku that the NDC administration will build an ultramodern market for the area.
This, John Dramani Mahama said would enable traders in Bawku to have a better place to ply their trade.
Mr. Mahama made the promise at a mini-rally in Bawku, as part of his four-day campaign tour of the Upper East Region.
Former President Mahama urged the people of Bawku to vote massively for him and Mr. Mahama Ayariga, the NDC Parliamentary Candidate for Bawku Central in the December 7 polls for him to come back to restore the good policies of the NDC.
He recalled that in 2016 he made a promise to the people of Bawku that when the NDC wins the election, they would build an ultramodern district hospital for them, unfortunately, they didn’t win the election.
“But I know that come December 7, NDC is going to win the election, and I am making that promise again that, we are going to build a brand new district hospital here in Bawku.
“And when we say it, we mean it, because we have done it before. We have built hospitals before.”
He said the NDC was coming back to power to continue its national development agenda for Ghanaians, adding that it was only when the NDC was in Government that Ghanaians witnessed monumental development across the country.
The NDC Presidential Candidate, therefore, appealed to Ghanaians to vote massively for the NDC in the December 7 polls for it to come back and continue its national development projects that they started.
“There are many communities that we were connecting to the national electrification grid, we didn’t finish before we left office. As soon as we left office all that came to a standstill,” he said.
“I promise you that NDC is coming back to power and for all the communities that don’t have electricity, we will come and extend electricity to you.
“When we were in office, we started building the Tamne Irrigation Dam, we didn’t finish before we left office. After we left that project has come to a standstill, and that project was supposed to irrigate 3,000 hectares of land for dry season irrigation farming,” he said.
Mr. Mahama said when the NDC regains power, “we will construct larger irrigation dams in farming districts”.
Prior to addressing the rally, the NDC Presidential Candidate also paid a courtesy call on Zugraana Naba Asigri Abugrago Azoka II, Bawku Naba at his Palace in Bawku to seek his blessings ahead of the December 7 polls.
- ASEPA calls for the removal of GJA President, Affail Monney
- Don’t reduce our schools to ideological and religious fighting grounds – Akufo-Addo tells religious leaders
- NSMQ 2021: Mfantsipim destroys Adisadel, University Practice and Assin State College to win Central Regional Championship
- Akufo-Addo and his NPP government are reducing Ghana to a police state – Haruna Iddrisu
- We have not failed humanity by building prison infrastructure – Church of Pentecost
- GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
- Citi FM journalist gained access to National Security premises under false pretence – Chief Director
- Heavy downpour renders Damongo residents homeless
- Francis Xavier-Sosu: Eid-ul-Fitr reflections – Human rights and security implications, the case of Wesley Girls’ and the Methodist Church
- Education Minister engages stakeholders of Christian Mission Schools over Wesley Girls’ brouhaha
Enimil Ashon: #Fix our values; everything else will get fixed
Davido set to host his debut Twitter Space
Israel intensifies attacks in Gaza as conflict enters fifth day
OccupyGhana calls for independent body of inquiry to investigate Caleb Kudah’s assault allegations
Nigerian army denies Boko Haram Eid donation reports
Caleb Kudah didn’t breach Code of Ethics – GJA General Secretary
2 jailed 26 years over attempted robbery
Dzata Cement denies claims of selling product GH¢30 per bag
Citi FM journalist gained access to National Security premises under false pretences – Chief Director
Council of States donates to inpatients of Bole Hospital
Top scientists question the need for Covid-19 booster shots
Akufo-Addo visits France, Belgium and South Africa as part of post-Covid-19 engagements
Today’s front pages: Friday, May 14, 2021
NSMQ2021: Perfect ‘salah’ gift as Tamale SHS wins maiden Northern Zonal Championship
Coach Paa Kwasi Fabin names 27-man Black Meteors squad to face Japan