Tanzania’s President Samia Suluhu Hassan has reshuffled her cabinet more than a week after she was sworn in following the death of President John Magufuli.
The cabinet includes some new faces.
Among them are career diplomat Liberata Mulamula who now takes over as foreign affairs minister, replacing long-serving minister, Prof Palamagamba Kabudi, who returns to his previous justice and constitutional affairs portfolio.
Ms Mulamula was Tanzania’s former ambassador to the United States. She is the second woman to serve in that position after Dr Asha-Rose Migiro who served between 2006 and 2007.
Mwigulu Nchemba, who was the Minister for Justice and Constitutional Affairs, now becomes the Minister of Finance, filling the position that was left vacant following the appointment of Dr Philip Mpango as vice-president.
President Samia said a major reshuffle was not necessary since most of the current ministers were recently sworn in.
Other changes included the appointment of a new chief secretary, Hussein Yahya Katanga, who is Tanzania’s ambassador to Japan.
Mr Katanga replaces Bashiru Ally who was appointed by late President Magufuli a month ago.
President Samia announced the cabinet changes during the swearing-in ceremony of the new vice-president.
- Supreme Court dismisses case against regulation of plant breeders
- Doctor fired for prescribing ice cream and video games to child with sore throat
- Barker-Vormawor refuses to state his plea as he is slapped with fresh Treason charges
- Archbishop Agyinasare’s comment can trigger security and peace instability – Security analyst
- Some OMCs start increasing fuel prices; Goil selling a litre of petrol, diesel for ¢12.45
- Gyakye Quayson to contest Assin North seat again in June 27 by-election
- ‘Do I look like a fraudster?’ – Shatta Wale reacts to calls for FBI probe over his affiliation with Hajia4Reall
- 7 reported dead, several others injured in renewed Gonja – Mamprusi clash
- I paid GH₵30,000 to fix my body – TikToker Aba Dope
- ‘It’s disappointing’ – Bofoakwa Tano coach on not being able to lead the team in Ghana Premier League
- French Open 2023: Norrie faces Musetti and could play Alcaraz next
- Saudi Pro League can become a ‘top-five league in the world’ says Cristiano Ronaldo
- Kofi Kinaata appointed Oceans Ambassador by SDG advisory unit at the Office of the President
- Ghana hosts International Forum on Agricultural Transformation
- Harm Reduction Alliance-Ghana urges government to adopt Sweden’s approach towards a Tobacco-free society
- France influencers: Jail threat for those found flouting new ad laws
- Taylor Swift fans report ‘amnesia’ following Eras show
- Finance Minister reaffirms government commitment to economic stability to MTN Group investors
- Twitter boss Elon Musk reclaims title of world’s richest person
- US President Joe Biden trips and falls at Colorado event
- Woman jailed 2 months for stealing GH¢4,600
- Some illegal miners went back into AngloGold Ashanti’s shaft after being rescued – Martin Ayisi
- WMO appoints first female Secretary-General
- Assin North by-election: NPP closes nomination as two persons pick forms
- I didn’t go for my curvy body to entice men – TikToker Aba Dope