Osagyefou Amoatia Ofori-Panin, Okyenhene, Her Excellency, Rebecca Akufo-Addo, the First Lady of the Republic, H.E. Flt. Lt. Jerry John Rawlings, former President of the Republic of Ghana, Her Royal Majesty, Nana Adutwumwaa Dokua II, Okyenhemaa, will lead a high powered delegation of Chiefs and Queen mothers of Akyem Abuakwa to honour the longest-serving queen mother of Akyem Abuakwa Traditional Area, Nana Yaa Anamah II, Asuomhemaa on Saturday, November 11, 2017, at Akyem Asuom.
Ministers and MPs expected to grace the occasion include the sector Minister, Hon. Kofi Dzamesi, Minister of Chieftaincy and Religious Affairs, Hon. Kingsley Ahenkorah – MP, Tema West, who hails from Asuom, Hon. Kwasi Amoako Attah, MP for Atiwa West and Minister of Roads & Highways; Hon. O.B. Amoah, MP for Aburi-Nsawam and Dep. Minister for Local Government and Rural Development, Hon. Attah Kyea, MP for Abuakwa South and Minister for Works & Housing and others.
Meanwhile, Osabarima Ofosuhene Apenteng II, Asuomhene, says the sons and daughters of Asuom are ready to host thousands of visitors who will throng the town on Saturday.
Osagyefou Amoatia Ofori-Panin, Okyenhene
He said residents of the Kwaebibirem District are eager to see their King, Osagyefou Amoatia Ofori-Panin, the first lady of the Republic Ghana, Her Excellency, Mrs Rebecca Akufo-Addo, a host of Ministers and MPs as well as queen mothers of Akyem Abuakwa Traditional Area.
Her Royal Majesty, Nana Adutwumwaa Dokua, Okyehemaa
The celebration of the Asuom Queen mother is under the theme: “Celebrating a Traditional Leadership of Excellence, the Role of Women in modern Chieftancy” and the program seeks to render gratitude to God and celebrate the achievements of over 100 years old Nana Yaa Anamah II for serving her subjects 75 years and still counting.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- People going mad for Emirates’ ‘diamond covered’ plane
- Masterclass modeling event slated for Dec 22
- IMANI: On Drones, GHS boss, Dr. Nsiah-Asare is very Confused
- Kwaku Azar wants Audit Service Board scrapped
- NR security moves to calm tension in Dagbon
- Tremor in Accra: Fault lines active, prepare for earthquakes- Geological Service warns
- MAXMASS donates furniture to Tarkwa Senior High School
- Afrobarometer leaders receive Distinguished Africanist awards
- Drone Saga: Health Service boss discredits IMANI figures
- Video: We are not buying drones; GHS boss hits back at Minority
- 6 Menzgold customers arrested over invasion, violence
- Atwima Kwanwoma Rural Bank support farmers in four districts
- Process&Plant, Chint donate solar plant to Ghana Institution of Engineering
- Alliance for Science pushes for passage of Plant Breeders Bill into law
- Two arrested for attempting to cast spell on Akufo-Addo