Deputy Transports Minister, Daniel Nii Kwatei Titus-Glover, has lent support to calls for the state to honour the late Kwadwo Asare Baffuor Acheampong of The Multimedia Group, with a state funeral.
According to him, tributes pouring in from across the country in reaction to news of the sudden demise of the host of the Ekosii Sen programme on Asempa 94.7 FM, are clear indications that the late broadcaster has a national significance.
“I am all for [state burial] it, I’m all for it. If it means even that there should be a national award in his name to represent his demeanor, his professionalism, his canduor and attitude, I’m all for it…” he stated.
The Tema East Parliamentarian who featured regularly on KABA’s programme since Asempa FM started operating from the Nima junction until its relocation to Faanofaa Street, described the versatile presenter as one who “always wants to go the extra mile with his job.”
Titus-Glover who broke into uncontrollable tears on Monday when management of The Multimedia Group held a service in memory of their departed staff, recalled that KABA’s patriotic sign-on tune (Yɛn ara y'asa asase ni), always reminded him of his duties to the nation.
“It makes me to sit up; it tells me that look, I have something to offer for my country and my people,” the Deputy Minister told Kojo Yankson on the Super Morning Show on Joy FM, Monday.
KABA died at the prime of his career at age 37, leaving behind a wife and a seven-month-old daughter.
A ceremony to officially mark one week of the passing of the journalist will take place at the car park of The Multimedia Group, this Saturday, November 25, 2017 from 8am, the family has announced.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Rawlings calls for environmental vigilantism
- ‘Developers, politicians have conspired to take over our lands’ – CSIR
- Video: Ghana Connect discusses gender-based violence
- Implement new mining policy effectively- Media coalition against galamsey tells gov't
- Cargill calls on COCOBOD, Agric Minister
- 4-year-old girl dead after being defiled
- Ban on small-scale mining lifted
- New dawn as gov’t train ‘galamseyers’ to mine the right way
- From grass to grace: How a young man surmounted challenges to become CEO
- Anti-galamsey taskforce attacked over arrest of Chinese miners
- Special report and photos: A boy’s wish
- Prampram Mankralo gunned down by unknown assailants
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, December 14, 2018
- Man quits his job to wait for “dream girl” he made eye contact with for 10 seconds
- City Construction & Properties Awards launched to promote building excellence