A mother in China took her own life because her son's fiancee was too short.
According to China's People's Daily, the 47-year-old's body was found on Nov 17 in a river in Henan Province.
Upon seeing the woman's remains, her emotional husband jumped into the river but struggled and their son plunged in to save him.
Both were immediately rescued by the police.
According to the report, the woman killed herself because she couldn't afford to buy a wedding gift demanded by the son's fiancee, which was said to be a car.
However, the Propaganda Department of Ningling County has denied the claims, saying that the mother committed suicide because she was unhappy about her future daughter-in-law's height.
Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/news/regional/2017/11/24/prospective-mother-in-law-commits-suicides-because-of-sons-fiancee-was-too-short/#Fo6eYptjczQL8p2T.99
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Manso-Nkwanta killings: Investigative Committee criticised for “limited scope”
- 12-member Council for GTUC innaugurated
- This Chinese man has taken over 30,000 pills of a cold medicine for 10yrs
- Six perish in gory Techiman-Sunyani road accident
- How to break the barriers to Africa’s travel, tourism business
- Ban manufacture of plastics – GhIE president tells gov’t
- Lecturers without Ph.Ds will soon not teach in Ghana's universities- Education Minister
- Nyansapo Scholarship Programme equipping parents to manage child learning disabilities
- Asiwa police chief shot by robbers discharged from hospital
- Ghana's Phyllis Osei is 2018's UN Female Police Officer
- JoyNews’ Justice Baidoo wins at IFPPAR Health Journalism Awards
- Only 15% of Ghanaians have access to toilet - NGO
- 20 passengers robbed in Ejura
- You can now pay to attend strangers’ weddings in India
- Asempa FM hosts 1st National Dialogue series on Free SHS