Chief Executive of the Food and Drugs Authority, Delese Mimi Darko, has presented Kasapreko Company Limited the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) certification.
The certificate was presented to the leading beverage company at its head office, located on the Spintex Road in Accra.
The HACCP certificate was presented after the local beverage giant successfully met key criteria.
HACCP is a system used to identify food safety risks and eliminate or reduce their occurrence or impact to a minimum by instigating critical control measures.
Application of HACCP principles cuts through procurement of raw materials to storage, through production to warehousing and distribution of the food product.
Kasapreko Company Limited is also the only company in the Ghanaian beverage industry with the International Standard Organization (ISO) certification, awarded by the world’s foremost inspection, verification, testing and Certification Company, SGS Ghana.
The company has always been committed to producing safe food for its consumers and currently boasts of over 26 beverage brands.
During the presentation, Mrs Delese Mimi Darko appealed to Kasapreko Company Limited to expand its factory in order to join the government’s One District One Factory initiative.
Finance Director of the Kasapreko Company Limited, Mr Emmanuel Teiko, said the company has come far in the production of food because it has always ensured that only safe products are produced.
"For us in Kasapreko, we know that implementing the HACCP brings a lot of benefits and one of the benefits that I will mention is that it protects the consumers from food poison and foodborne illnesses," Mr Teiko said.
Complete Benefits of HACCP to Kasapreko Company Limited.
• Improves marketability of a company and brand image;
• Protection of consumers from food poisoning and food-related illnesses. In other words, it provides the assurance that Kasapreko Company Limited products will not cause harm or illness to consumers;
• Improved consumer confidence in the organisation’s product;
• Affords legal protection for companies when the need arises. This means the HACCP document can be used as a legal tool for defence of the organization’s products in the case of a customer complaint;
Kasapreko Company Limited has said it will soon set up a plant in Kumasi next year.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- MTN Heroes of Change Season 5 10 finalists named
- Photos: Careguide Montessori School marks AU Day
- PDS waives over ¢100m for Krobo Odumase residents
- Photos: Articulated truck tumbles on the Kwame Nkrumah Overhead
- Ghanaian scientist, Prof. Torto awarded Agropolis Louis Malassis Prize
- The Odumase bill that has led to a kill
- Security guard jailed for threatening former minister
- Defence Minister picks Chokosi, Konkomba leaders as microphones for peace mission
- Tumu SHS: Two high-schoolers nabbed for vandalism over seized phones
- Ghana may legalise same-sex marriage in 2039 - Kpebu
- Photos: US Ambassador holds Iftar with interfaith community
- Efficient agriculture surest bet to beating climate change – Experts
- Pictures: Fire ravages furniture shop at Sakaman
- Passport fees to go up
- Darkuman police station gets Church of Pentecost help