Former President Jerry John Rawlings and New Patriotic Party (NPP) big shot, Gabby Asare Otchere-Darko, have joined hundreds to congratulate Ibrahim Mahama on winning the African Industrialist award.
Former President Rawlings wrote on his twitter handle: “My warm congratulations go to Ibrahim Mahama on his recognition by the AAA as African Industrialist of the Year. This is a reward for your hard work, Ibrahim. Best wishes to you.”
Gabby Asare Otchere-Darko, who is also a confidante of the President Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo also a tweeted on Tuesday, “Ghanaian entrepreneurs whose efforts are acknowledged internationally must be doing something right.”
The awards event, which took place in the House of Commons in London on Thursday and hosted by Rt. Diane Abbott, Shadow Home Secretary, celebrated Mr Ibrahim, a Ghanaian businessman and Industrialist, and brother to former President John Mahama, for his hard work and outstanding entrepreneurship achievements in Africa.
After receiving the award, Ibrahim Mahama dedicated it to the memory of his late father E.A. Mahama, and mother Joyce Tamakloe. Also, he dedicated the award to the hard working management and staff of Engineers and Planners, whose untiring efforts he said has elevated the company to its current stage.
“I believe in the potential of our continent. I believe that the opportunities exist for us as Africans to capture the commanding heights of our economies. I believe that as the youth of the continent we must think outside the box and seize the bountiful opportunities that abound right beneath our noses.
"I believe that the opportunities exist for us as Africans to capture the commanding heights of our economies. As youth of the continent, we must think outside the box and seize the bountiful opportunities that abound right beneath our noses," he said.
The quintessential businessman expressed the belief that receiving his award, would spur other young Africans to aspire to establish their own businesses and take advantage of the opportunities Africa has to offer.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- IDEG, CFI and CDD want Short Commission time extended
- NPA inaugurates taskforce to fight fuel smuggling
- New Anloga District inaugurated despite heavy downpour
- Police chief rejects subordinate's sidelining claims in bloody by-election
- SHS student in court over ¢5 robbery at knifepoint
- Yara Ghana opens new fertiliser terminal and blending facility
- There was no election taskforce for bloody by-election - Police Commander
- Menzgold demo as clients hope against all hope to retrieve investments
- 32 communities in Ofoase Ayirebi constituency get electricity
- Jumia rewards three lucky couples in its ‘Jumia Loves You’ Promo
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, February 18, 2019
- Ashanti Region: Queen mothers consider re-introducing puberty rites to fight teenage pregnancy
- Chief of Staff promises support for ‘special schools’
- Cape Coast: Basic school heads appeal for gov't assistance
- ‘We are not alone’ Police tweet video of strange light emerging from thunderstorm