Metropolitan Archbishop of Accra, Charles Palmer-Buckle has been appointed to man the Archdiocese of Cape Coast following the resignation of the Cape Coast Bishop.
His Grace, Archbishop Matthias Nketsiah resigns from office after attaining the retirement age of 75.
In a press statement sighted by Joy News, Apostolic Nuncio to Ghana, Rev. Jean Marie Speich noted that the Pope, head of the Catholic Church, “has accepted the resignation of Archbishop Nketsiah and appointed Palmer-Buckle as the new Archbishop of the Archdiocese of Cape-Coast”.
Find the release below.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Avoid redundancy exercise if possible – HR expert counsels practitioners
- Students Loan Trust releases GHS7m for applicants
- Accra Technical University to offer training in drone technology
- The levitating stone of Shivapur: A controversial ‘miracle’
- People going mad for Emirates’ ‘diamond covered’ plane
- Masterclass modeling event slated for Dec 22
- IMANI: On Drones, GHS boss, Dr. Nsiah-Asare is very Confused
- Kwaku Azar wants Audit Service Board scrapped
- NR security moves to calm tension in Dagbon
- Tremor in Accra: Fault lines active, prepare for earthquakes- Geological Service warns
- MAXMASS donates furniture to Tarkwa Senior High School
- Afrobarometer leaders receive Distinguished Africanist awards
- Drone Saga: Health Service boss discredits IMANI figures
- Video: We are not buying drones; GHS boss hits back at Minority
- 6 Menzgold customers arrested over invasion, violence