Metropolitan Archbishop of Accra, Charles Palmer-Buckle has been appointed to man the Archdiocese of Cape Coast following the resignation of the Cape Coast Bishop.
His Grace, Archbishop Matthias Nketsiah resigns from office after attaining the retirement age of 75.
In a press statement sighted by Joy News, Apostolic Nuncio to Ghana, Rev. Jean Marie Speich noted that the Pope, head of the Catholic Church, “has accepted the resignation of Archbishop Nketsiah and appointed Palmer-Buckle as the new Archbishop of the Archdiocese of Cape-Coast”.
Find the release below.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- One-year-old stolen at Takoradi market, police on manhunt
- Police to deploy officers to new regions
- Cabinet approves ¢1b for road signs, traffic lights
- Kintampo accident: 35 persons burnt beyond recognition given mass burial
- 2019 Life Walk: ICGC donates ¢200K to Mental Health Authority
- Era of serving without promotion is over - Akufo-Addo tells police
- 'You are our most distinguished alumnus' - Buckingham University VC tells Bawumia
- Ancient Rome's sinful city at the bottom of the sea
- 7 Illegal Chinese miners arrested by ministerial committee
- No conspiracy in law school exams – Akufo-Addo
- Four remanded over kidnapping hairdresser
- Swedru municipal guard in assault case arrested
- Eugene Arhin recognised among 'Most Influential People of African Descent'
- Unemployed man remanded over robbery
- Absence of policy framework on road safety to blame for carnage - Lawyer