Twelve people have been confirmed dead in a fatal accident which occurred at Akwatiakrom in the Ahafo Ano South District of the Ashanti region last Sunday.
A Ford mini bus, travelling from Sunyani in the Brong Ahafo region to Kumasi in the Ashanti regional capital collided head-on with a cargo truck travelling from Mankraso.
The crash left 11 dead males, including the driver of the Ford mini bus and a female.
Police sources say foggy weather condition hampered visibility on the road.
The 15-seater mini bus, with registration AS 7257-15 veered off its lane onto that of the cargo truck with registration GR 2624-14 travelling from Kumasi to Dormaa Ahenkro to load cashew.
Three people, including the driver of the Benz cargo truck who survived the accident are currently on admission at the Bechem Government Hospital.
It took Fire Service serveral minutes to arrive at the scene from Sunyani after police from Mankraso were called to help convey both the injured and dead to hospital as well as manage traffic.
This is the second time in three month that fatal accident has been recorded on that stretch.
Hiplife artiste, Ebony Reigns, her friend- Franklin Kuri and military officer said to be her bodyguard Atsu Vondee died on the spot when their Jeep vehicle crashed into a bus on the Mankraso-Sunyani stretch of the main Kumasi-Sunyani road in February this year.
Monday's accident is less than 4 kilometers away from Ebony Reigns accident scene.
Meanwhile, ten of the bodies have been deposited at the Trust Laboratory mortuary whilst two have been deposited at the Duayaw Nkwanta Hospital morgue.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Chinery-Hesse outdoored as C'wealth Business and Tech African Chair
- Support passage, enforce vigilante law – Akufo-Addo tells Police
- Driver, mate subjected to physical abuse in police custody - Lawyer
- COP Kaneshie Area Apostolisation: A transformed church, the world's only hope -Aps Etrue
- COP Kaneshie Area Apostolisation: The Holy Spirit is your life's utility player -Aps Miah
- Black Friday! Close to 90 perish in 2 separate accidents
- Ministers’ discretion rights undermine corruption fight’
- Eight ways to save water
- South Dayi MP pushes for highway rest stop, cultural village at Peki
- Kintampo-Techiman road crash: 53 survived Friday fatality - Police
- Climate Week: Youth Groups across Africa march to demand immediate action
- 2 Dismissed Fire Service officers reinstated
- Nigeria, a sleeping tourism giant that needs awakening
- Anas frustrated by Police apathy in Hussein-Suale's murder probe
- Police request Parliament to release Ken Agyapong over assault complaint