Twelve people have been confirmed dead in a fatal accident which occurred at Akwatiakrom in the Ahafo Ano South District of the Ashanti region last Sunday.
A Ford mini bus, travelling from Sunyani in the Brong Ahafo region to Kumasi in the Ashanti regional capital collided head-on with a cargo truck travelling from Mankraso.
The crash left 11 dead males, including the driver of the Ford mini bus and a female.
Police sources say foggy weather condition hampered visibility on the road.
The 15-seater mini bus, with registration AS 7257-15 veered off its lane onto that of the cargo truck with registration GR 2624-14 travelling from Kumasi to Dormaa Ahenkro to load cashew.
Three people, including the driver of the Benz cargo truck who survived the accident are currently on admission at the Bechem Government Hospital.
It took Fire Service serveral minutes to arrive at the scene from Sunyani after police from Mankraso were called to help convey both the injured and dead to hospital as well as manage traffic.
This is the second time in three month that fatal accident has been recorded on that stretch.
Hiplife artiste, Ebony Reigns, her friend- Franklin Kuri and military officer said to be her bodyguard Atsu Vondee died on the spot when their Jeep vehicle crashed into a bus on the Mankraso-Sunyani stretch of the main Kumasi-Sunyani road in February this year.
Monday's accident is less than 4 kilometers away from Ebony Reigns accident scene.
Meanwhile, ten of the bodies have been deposited at the Trust Laboratory mortuary whilst two have been deposited at the Duayaw Nkwanta Hospital morgue.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Avoid redundancy exercise if possible – HR expert counsels practitioners
- Students Loan Trust releases GHS7m for applicants
- Accra Technical University to offer training in drone technology
- The levitating stone of Shivapur: A controversial ‘miracle’
- People going mad for Emirates’ ‘diamond covered’ plane
- Masterclass modeling event slated for Dec 22
- IMANI: On Drones, GHS boss, Dr. Nsiah-Asare is very Confused
- Kwaku Azar wants Audit Service Board scrapped
- NR security moves to calm tension in Dagbon
- Tremor in Accra: Fault lines active, prepare for earthquakes- Geological Service warns
- MAXMASS donates furniture to Tarkwa Senior High School
- Afrobarometer leaders receive Distinguished Africanist awards
- Drone Saga: Health Service boss discredits IMANI figures
- Video: We are not buying drones; GHS boss hits back at Minority
- 6 Menzgold customers arrested over invasion, violence