Two journalists of The Multimedia Group were honoured at the 2018 MTN Heroes of Change finale which came off on Friday.
Seth Kwame Boateng and Joseph Opoku Gakpo were among three others who were nominated for the Special Awards category alongside the 10 finalists for this year.
Seth Boateng was honoured for the Joy News Special Assignment documentary which led to the reconstruction of the Mother and Baby Unit at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH).
The documentary detailed the death of at least four babies daily due to the poor facilities and conditions of the maternity unit of the hospital.
Joseph Opoku Gakpo was honoured for his documentary, ‘Jungle Poor’ which revealed the high level of poverty and deprivation in communities of the Volta Region.
“…those developmental stories are what make the difference and that is what our job is all about,” an elated Joseph said.
From [L]-[ R]: Joseph Opoku Gakpo; MD of MultiTV, Santokh Singh and Seth Kwame Boateng
The Heroes of Change is an initiative by Telecommunication network, MTN. The scheme seeks to reward people who embark on projects or ventures to make a difference in the society.
Naomi Esi Arku Amoah, of Royal Seed Home, emerged the overall winner of Heroes of Change Season 4.
She walked away with GH¢100,000 to be invested in her changing lives project.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Two planes collide at U.S. airport
- Amidu lashes out at Yaw Boaben Asamoa
- Apology from Adom FM newsroom to Sanitation Minister
- Sanitation minister apologises
- Section of Legon-Okponglo road temporarily closed
- Mass production of lawyers, forget it - CJ
- Avoke storms UEW to reinstate self as Vice-Chancellor
- 20 SHSs in Ashanti, Bono complete STEM camp in Kumasi
- 2 High Schools in U/E to remain closed for 2 weeks
- UEW VC sued by lecturer who wants Avoke back
- StanChart, Prudential Life launch savings and educational product
- Police arrest 3 with human parts
- KNUST student from less endowed SHS becomes valedictorian
- Investment in data collection important to surviving water disasters – Weather expert
- Photos: Section of Okponglo road caves in