Thousands troop to the Garden City, Kumasi, to take part in the climax of the 20th-anniversary celebration of the Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II.
The colourful ceremony has attracted dignitaries from Ghana and abroad.
Among the Ghanaian dignitaries at the event on Sunday include the Speaker of Parliament, Prof Mike Ocquaye and his family; Chief justice, Sofia Akuffo and an entourage of judicial staff and former presidents, J.J. Rawlings, John Agyekum Kufuor and John Mahama.
Also, the former Nigerian President and AU Chairperson, Olusegun Obasanjo, is among top African dignitaries at the grandeur event.
Diplomats and royals from Namibia, Kuwait, Germany, China, Morocco, Latvia, Botswana and Palestine have all converged at the Garden City to mark the grand occasion.
Below are some random shots of today’s grand celebration.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Top lesser known Safari parks in Africa
- Okoe Boye at the end of the road over ‘hopeless’ Lekma stretch
- Rawlings’ dispatch rider shot, suffers broken arm
- Video of chief allegedly slaughtering human is false - Police
- Krachi West supports 50 PWDs with start-up kits
- Registrar dragged to Special Prosecutor for allegedly awarding himself ȼ2m contract
- That's My Opinion: The People vs Nana Ansah Kwao IV
- Obinim fights GRA over ȼ769,000 unpaid taxes
- Assemblies of God begins 7-day fast for three kidnapped girls
- High court rescinds bail granted Gregory Afoko
- NaCCA to introduce shortcode to control ‘unapproved’ textbooks
- GES implements new curriculum September
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, July 15, 2019
- ECG, PDS dispel rumours about looming dumsor
- Former boxing champion turned pastry chef creates amazing wedding cakes