Thousands troop to the Garden City, Kumasi, to take part in the climax of the 20th-anniversary celebration of the Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II.
The colourful ceremony has attracted dignitaries from Ghana and abroad.
Among the Ghanaian dignitaries at the event on Sunday include the Speaker of Parliament, Prof Mike Ocquaye and his family; Chief justice, Sofia Akuffo and an entourage of judicial staff and former presidents, J.J. Rawlings, John Agyekum Kufuor and John Mahama.
Also, the former Nigerian President and AU Chairperson, Olusegun Obasanjo, is among top African dignitaries at the grandeur event.
Diplomats and royals from Namibia, Kuwait, Germany, China, Morocco, Latvia, Botswana and Palestine have all converged at the Garden City to mark the grand occasion.
Below are some random shots of today’s grand celebration.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- UG begins Bachelor of Education programme
- Four Africa city destinations you should visit right now
- Multimedia Group's Kwetey Nartey selected as 2019 Mandela Washington Fellow
- Church bans 'backpacks' over recent terror threat
- Imported arms controversy: ‘Weapons pose security threat’ – Abotsi
- Climate change lessons included in new basic school curriculum
- We have employed 350,000 public sector workers - Veep
- 2 siblings washed away while playing in the rain
- Man charged with reckless driving wants to go to jail than home to wife
- Google launches one-stop shop for flights, hotels
- Baako wants CID boss changed
- 2 Suspected robbers killed in shoot-out with police at Kasoa
- NIA shuts down online portal for Ghana Card registration
- 5 years on; Rawlings, other NDC stalwarts remember PV Obeng
- Abuakwa South MCE urges youth to desist from using illicit drugs