Old Mutual has provided Uber drivers and riders an Injury Protection.
Per the agreement, all Uber driver-partners will benefit from this cover the moment they accept a trip, driving to pick up a rider, to the end of the trip.
Riders will also be covered from the time their ride begins until the trip ends.
The packages include:
Medical Cover: If an accident happens On-Trip, this cover reimburses drivers and riders for necessary medical treatment costs up to GH¢12,500. In addition, this cover reimburses ambulance service costs.
Death and Funeral Payments: In the unfortunate event that a driver-partner or rider dies as a result of an accident On-Trip, their dependents or heirs will benefit from a lump sum payment of GH¢50,000. They will also obtain an amount of GH¢5,000 for funeral expenses.
Permanent Disability Payments: In the unfortunate event that a user suffers permanent disability as a result of an accident On-Trip, they will benefit from a lump sum payment up to GH¢50,000. The amount depends on the severity of the disability.
Daily Payment Benefit for Drivers (injury): If a driver is hospitalized for more than 48 hours as a result of an accident that happened On-Trip and are thereafter unable to drive because of those injuries, they will receive a daily payment of GH¢50 for up to 30 days whilst they are medically certified by a doctor as unfit to work.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Galamsey fight: Words must match actions – Dotsei Malor urges gov’t
- Surgery on eyesight of MoMo merchant attacked with acid begins
- GES presents pianos to 100 senior high schools
- Police on manhunt for Nigerians who kidnapped Estonian mission head
- Sharubutu@100: Bawuma joins other Muslims to kickstart celebrations
- Chambas calls for stronger regional partnerships to promote stability
- Otumfuo@20: 'King Solomon' Asantehene receives plaudits for wise calls on disputes
- Snakes drive President Weah out of office
- UN reiterates commitment to assist Ghana abolish vigilantism
- Nigerian jailed 7 years for defilement
- Photos: Ghana earning its stars and stripes through tourism
- Kumasi: ‘Inestimable’ number of properties consumed by fire
- Myjoyonline Week in pictures: Rawlings receives new book, Akufo-Addo in Atebubu
- Road fatalities reduce in Central region
- Akufo-Addo mourns Ghanaian head of UN Observer Force