The final funeral rites of the late Yaa Naa Yakubu Andani II will continue with the agreed upon road map, the committee superintending the process has said.
A statement from the office of the Asantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, who is the Chairman of the committee of eminent chiefs said the funeral rites will continue as planned.
“On Sunday 13th January to pave way for the performance of the funeral by the elders of the Andani royal family,” the statement said.
This comes after some renewed clashes in Dagbon between the Abudu and the Andani gates who have been feuding for decades. The clashes led to the torching of several homes and leaving at least one dead.
Read the full statement below:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Akufo-Addo outlines gov't's pillars of growth for Science and Technology
- We want answers to killings, not Commander's transfer - Alavanyo youth
- Political appointment or birthright?
- Ahmed’s killing: NDC stampeding investigations with own conclusions – Oppong Nkrumah
- Ghana's female peacekeeping officers winning hearts, minds in DR Congo
- Police interrogate Nyantakyi over Hussein-Suale murder
- Strong residents association will improve security - MP advises
- Hussein-Suale's death: GUNA calls on gov’t to improve security
- Parents of kidnapped Takoradi girls appeal to gov’t for help
- 'Sextortion': 10 cases recorded in less than a month
- Minority speaks on assassination of Ahmed Hussein-Suale
- Fishes return to Ankobra river as illegal miners exit
- Woman's lip bitten off after getting lift to buy food
- 'Assuming without admitting,' women lawyers condemn sexual exploitation
- Photo: As Christ cleans sins, Church of Pentecost members clean streets