Cape Coast giants, Adisadel College stopped a determined Kumasi Academy on Thursday, to book a spot at the semifinal of the ongoing National Science and Maths Quiz (NSMQ).
Adisadel College led the contest – which also featured Ghana SHS, Tamale –from Round One to finish but almost slipped in the final round.
Kumasi Academy was one correct answer away from causing an upset but the iconic “that’s incorrect” response from Quiz Mistress, Elsie Effah Kaufmann, won it for the four-time consecutive finalist, Adisadel.
They have now secured a fifth consecutive appearance at the semifinal of the 26-year-old Primetime show.
The final score stood at Adisadel; 46pts, Kumasi Academy; 42pts and Ghana SHS, Tamale, 14pts.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Residents chase out police for bringing back alleged witches
- Video: Baako explains why police disobeyed court order on Afoko bail
- Lordina Mahama bags Master of Laws degree in UK
- Desperate pet owner offers his home to whoever finds his lost dog
- Ban on hunting , capturing of wild animals begins August 1
- Sandwinners destroying water source for Asutsuare residents
- Methodist Church Ghana won't support same-sex marriage
- Gov't to establish permanent body to protect, ensure media freedom
- Advocacy group applauds NaCCA boss
- Germany, Norway support KAIPTC’s maiden Kofi Annan Peace and Security Forum
- Gov't reiterates commitment to protecting journalists
- Left to rot: $2m Hyundai Gallopers sold for $276k
- Anti-GMO groups to call foreign witnesses in GMO court case
- Adjaye refutes architects’ allegation - Says firm is doing legitimate business
- Newspaper headlines : Friday, July 19, 2019