Wesley Girls' SHS has progressed to the semifinal of the ongoing National Science and Maths Quiz after a monumental win over two of the best schools in the competition.
The Cape Coast-based school has kept the hope of a girls’ school winning the 26-year-old Primetime show alive.
— NSMQ Ghana (@NSMQGhana) 5 July 2019
The girls displayed a consistent performance of accuracy to kick-out the two favourites; four-time champions, Prempeh College and Achimota School, two-time champions and the reigning Greater Accra Regional champions.
Wesley Girls were two points behind Achimota School after the penultimate round but their speed in the riddles which is the final round won the day for them.
They answered three of the four questions correctly while one of the questions was answered wrongly by all the schools.
Prempeh College may be four-time champions but they were not at the party at all and finished in the last place.
The final scores were: Wesley Girls’, 57pts – Achimota School, 49pts and Prempeh College, 27pts
End of live updates
The only Girls school left in the competition, Wesley Girls SHS say they are ready to progress in the National Science and Maths Quiz.
They, however, have to go past four-time champions Prempeh College and two-time winners, Achimota School.
The stakes are high in this contest because no girl school has ever won the competition in its 26 years of existence.
The contest is underway!
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Kumasi Academy past students elect new executives
- Restaurant in Japan bans Japanese customers, only serves foreigners
- Hotel near Buckingham Palace serves $200 cup of tea
- Photos: Dag Heward-Mills works miracles in Namibia
- John Jinapor supports education in Central Gonja
- Soldier gets 90 days detention for 'Drop That Chamber' viral video
- Court remands driver, mate in alleged fuel tanker arson case
- A judge let Chinese rosewood queen walk - Prosecutors
- Amnesty International to petition CHRAJ over Afoko
- Give Me Hope Foundation CEO wins International Philanthropist Award
- Pray for me: Thief’s apology letter after breaking into a church
- Boakye Mattress' Trust wins land case against Lands Commission, 3 others
- Callers decry "evil" hand in decision to deny Gregory Afoko bail
- Newspaper headlines : Tuesday, July 16, 2019
- Gov’t to improve STEM education at JHS level with virtual labs